Booster #2!

Spiky Bugger

We probably, technically, were not eligible for Booster #2.

We got our first vaccines in Jan & Feb of 2021. Then we got what was supposed to be a booster, but was actually another full-strength vaccine, in August of 2021. We are well beyond six months.

I nagged MrSue into getting a booster yesterday. At THAT pharmacy, they use the state’s data base, which only shows his first two vaccines. So he was good to go. When we got home, I saw that Pfizer was saying we’re ALL going to need Jab #4!

The state’s data base shows all three of my jabs, so I had to go to a pharmacy that uses the vaccine cards they give you, because my first two are on that card and my third jab is on its own card…if I don’t show it, it didn’t happen. I got my “second booster,” aka Jab #4, today.

We may live forever.

I would do the same thing!
Yes. Had to maneuver a bit.

When the VA called us to get a booster, back in August 2021, we went. But the VA did not use our existing vax cards OR the CA database. Neurotic old woman that am, I messaged my PCP on the patient portal that I had received my booster and SHE entered it on my records and in the database. My hero did not do that.

So now that we wanted another booster, HIS database records show only the first two vaccines, so he got #4 because Rite-Aid Pharmacy had no record of HIS #3.

But they would have seen mine. So I went to CVS, with my original vax card which showed just the first two jabs. I didn’t offer my SECOND card, and they didn’t use the state’s data base.

Question: Why do I have to be a con artist to get us something we want and probably need? It shouldn’t be this difficult.

Comment: I’m tired and the injection site is a bit sore.

ETA: I usually find it easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

We probably, technically, were not eligible for Booster #2.

We got our first vaccines in Jan & Feb of 2021. Then we got what was supposed to be a booster, but was actually another full-strength vaccine, in August of 2021. We are well beyond six months.

I nagged MrSue into getting a booster yesterday. At THAT pharmacy, they use the state’s data base, which only shows his first two vaccines. So he was good to go. When we got home, I saw that Pfizer was saying we’re ALL going to need Jab #4!

The state’s data base shows all three of my jabs, so I had to go to a pharmacy that uses the vaccine cards they give you, because my first two are on that card and my third jab is on its own card…if I don’t show it, it didn’t happen. I got my “second booster,” aka Jab #4, today.

We may live forever.

Since you started this, both Pfizer and Moderna have applied for approval of a 4th shot. I have asked for my doctor’s “approval” of a letter or something recommending we get our 2nd booster, but he’s not responded yet.

in the meantime, I’ve found out all you have to do is SAY you’re immunocompromised to get the 4th shot.

I was firmly of the opinion that we should get Moderna this time, because our first 3 were Pfizer, and I want another antigen for broader coverage, but a preprint of the Israeli study suggests the Pfizer worked a little better.

What to do? Charles says he doesn’t want to “lie,” but I don’t think it’s a lie to say we are immunocompromised by being old.

Since you started this, both Pfizer and Moderna have applied for approval of a 4th shot. I have asked for my doctor’s “approval” of a letter or something recommending we get our 2nd booster, but he’s not responded yet.

in the meantime, I’ve found out all you have to do is SAY you’re immunocompromised to get the 4th shot.

I was firmly of the opinion that we should get Moderna this time, because our first 3 were Pfizer, and I want another antigen for broader coverage, but a preprint of the Israeli study suggests the Pfizer worked a little better.

What to do? Charles says he doesn’t want to “lie,” but I don’t think it’s a lie to say we are immunocompromised by being old.

This is from the CVS website for CA COVID-19 vaccines. I don’t think they ask questions that would require a lie to get the vaccine..

Latest posts

Back