Bony Butt

Svetlana Leigh

By no means do I consider myself to be skinny. I figure I weigh around 180 give or take a pound. The problem is that I've never carried much fat around my hip or butt area. Now that I've lost weight my tailbone hurts. I have not fallen, or hit it in any type of way. Literally, I have very little fat/skin covering this area now and it is very uncomfortable. I can lightly touch that area and feel a large bone. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what did you do to help the situation. I can't sit/lay in certain positions very long because it really hurts. I'm not sure if I should say something to my doctor or not. He'll probably think I'm nuts. I don't want to make a big deal out of it.

Last edited:
Yep. The fat I want to lose in my front is much more resistant than the fat in my butt, which is gone. Painful sitting is part of it. Clothes don't fit. Hanging fabric in the back. The more important thing about the fat pad is that it protects the hip if you fall. I don't think your doc can help. I avoid hard chairs and use pillows on chairs at home. I don't know if exercise can help build up that area. Let me know if you find a solution!

Yep. The fat I want to lose in my front is much more resistant than the fat in my butt, which is gone. Painful sitting is part of it. Clothes don't fit. Hanging fabric in the back. The more important thing about the fat pad is that it protects the hip if you fall. I don't think your doc can help. I avoid hard chairs and use pillows on chairs at home. I don't know if exercise can help build up that area. Let me know if you find a solution!

I definately will.

By no means do I consider myself to be skinny. I figure I weigh around 180 give or take a pound. The problem is that I've never carried much fat around my hip or butt area. Now that I've lost weight my tailbone hurts. I have not fallen, or hit it in any type of way. Literally, I have very little fat/skin covering this area now and it is very uncomfortable. I can lightly touch that area and feel a large bone. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what did you do to help the situation. I can't sit/lay in certain positions very long because it really hurts. I'm not sure if I should say something to my doctor or not. He'll probably think I'm nuts. I don't want to make a big deal out of it.
This happened to me when I first lost dramatically after my sleeve but with my knew bones. I had to sleep with a pillow between them. It did eventually go away though.

Latest posts

Back