Bloody stools.. Do I worry?

Pain is only gone with hydrocodone at the moment, and I hate pain meds... I'm afraid to poop because I'm sure that is going to hurt something fierce.

I just keep telling myself only a couple more days then hopefully "poof-pain gone"

Pain is only gone with hydrocodone at the moment, and I hate pain meds... I'm afraid to poop because I'm sure that is going to hurt something fierce.

I just keep telling myself only a couple more days then hopefully "poof-pain gone"
I only hate them if they don't work. So take them if you need them but make sure if you take them very often to do some miralax and or stool softener. They can constipate and you don't want that to happen with what you are going through.

Hang in there.

LOTS of colace - and apply some lidocaine as far up as you can get it before trying to take a crap - it's gonna hurt but it will hurt WORSE if you don't get it moving before it hardens - don't let fear get you to hoarding your crap.

LOTS of colace - and apply some lidocaine as far up as you can get it before trying to take a crap - it's gonna hurt but it will hurt WORSE if you don't get it moving before it hardens - don't let fear get you to hoarding your crap.
I agree, other than lidocaine actually caused a burning sensation and never numbed anything for me, but if it works for Patty then do it to it.

I'm doing colace and mirilax... but I committed all the mirilax up last night (my body wanted nothing to do with that)

No stools yet..I did pass the "plug" which was more than a little gross

It feels like there is still something in there, but I don't want to force anything. I think it may just be swelling I am feeling.

The pain is minimal though... compared to before, I guess I didn't realize how much pain I had until I do t have it. But holy cow, my body feels like I was just hit by a damn Mack truck. Every muscle is so fatigued.

So lots of rest for me for me this weekend

If you feel like there is still gauze up in there, you might have to go fishing for it to pull it out - I ended up sitting in a bathtub of warm water to relax everything to get the damned thing out.

Latest posts

Back