avoid Pants Pain

JackieOnLine

Staff member
I gained, I had the Pants Pain and I got new pants that fit. well, some of them are too big: Clown Pants, dammit - but at least I don't have marks in my skin from too tight pants at the end of the day.

I know the feeling SO well, I don't want to buy more pants because I already have perfectly nice ones I just have to stop eating so much until I fit into them.

but it's not that simple. if I can't even trust myself to provide Pants Without Pain, why should my body believe it's OK to let hunger build because there will be enough food coming up. why should I trust myself for anything?

everybody deserves clothes that fit, no matter what.

“But this revolutionary act of treating ourselves tenderly can begin to undo the aversive messages of a lifetime.”
Tara Brach, Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha

Last edited:
my waist expands and contracts several times daily as I eat, bloat, gas, BM, repeat in various variations. I have taken to undoing the top button on my pants like Uncle Bob after Thanksgiving dinner. Then later I do it up as my pants are so big, they could fall off. Never ceases to amaze me

I'm among the Never fashionable, and think strrrrretchy pants should still be a thing.

How long can I wear yoga pants before anyone notices that I don't even go to yoga anymore?

I discovered wearing scrub pants at work, OMG I love the pockets but the drawstring waste may not be the best thing for me.

I meant this post to be more zen and less about pants. so here is from a quote from Geneen Roth on FB

Zen master Shunryu Suzuki Roshi said that enlightenment was following one thing all the way to the end, and I soon suspected that if I tracked the impulse to eat when I wasn’t hungry to its core, I’d find every single thing I believed about loving, living and dying right there, in that moment. Which—following the relationship with food to the end—pretty much describes how I’ve spent the last thirty-two years.

I look forward to the day I can work in jeans and t shirts, but for now it's "professional attire," and that requires Spanx. Bleh. (Or better said, el cheapo versions of Spanx lol. Leggs makes a decent Squish Me capri for about 8 bucks.)

I look forward to the day I can work in jeans and t shirts, but for now it's "professional attire," and that requires Spanx. Bleh. (Or better said, el cheapo versions of Spanx lol. Leggs makes a decent Squish Me capri for about 8 bucks.)
Oh Christ, any Spanx or similar that ACTUALLY work make me bloat like crazy! I need them, but go without too often :whistling:

Latest posts

Back