Anyone with experience to DS revision years after VSG weight regain

Kvan3021

i underwent VSG 2009 and went from 312 to 180 (partly due to postpartum depression). I found food again and got out of control and am back up again. I'm curious if anyone had second stage of DS because of weight regain with VSG.

im looking into revision but cannot find a doctor that will take someone else's patient. Does anyone know of docs that are willing to do revision. I had VSG in 2009 and lost weight but have gained back quite a bit and am looking for revision.

Hi! Glad you made it here. Any surgeon who does the DS would do a revision from VSG to DS. The problem isn't with doing a revision on someone who had prior surgery with someone else, it's getting to a DS surgeon. Almost everyone does VSG these days, there are much fewer who do the DS. In your neck of the woods I would recommend Dr. Kemmeter (I have probably spelled his name wrong, hopefully someone else can help), who is a very well regarded DS surgeon in Michigan.

Good think you didn't have gastric bypass - MUCH harder to revise from that to DS and very few surgeons do it.

Welcome! I had VSG in 2010 and I am looking to have a DS revision. Good luck in finding a surgeon. If you are self-pay there are a few surgeons worth traveling for.

im looking into revision but cannot find a doctor that will take someone else's patient. Does anyone know of docs that are willing to do revision. .

Dr K and Rabkin. I think the vetted surgeons are your best bet. A lot of Dr.K revisions are from other Doctors

Had my VSG in 2010 and experienced regain. Revised to DS in November 2014. Weight loss is slow but very steady. So far I've lost about 65 pounds in about a year's time and I am below my lowest weight after VSG. In fact, I think the last time I had this weight was when I was 16 years or so :)

@Charris

Starting weight sleeve : 338 pounds
Lowest weight after sleeve : 211 pounds
Starting weight DS : 260 pounds
Current weight : 198 pounds

Goal weight : 175 pounds. This would put my BMI below 30 which would - in theory - make me eligible for plastic surgery (belly tuck and breast lift) according to my insurance policy.

CC = 75 cm
AL = 175 cm
I wasn't resleeved.

I am from the Netherlands and I'm guessing our insurance system is quite different from yours. Basically every insurance provider here covers the same procedures and treatments under the same rules and regulations in the basic health insurance policy. That is regulated by law. You are free to choose any insurance provider but often your employeer has negotiated an extra discount with one or two companies. Bariatric surgery is always covered under the basic policy and plastics are covered when deemed medically necessary and if you comply with some rules (BMI must be under 30 and weight must be stable for a year).

Latest posts

Back