An Impending Wealth of Pears...

Spiky Bugger

So I found a couple of deals on Harry & David high rent district pears. I ordered a gift thingy for my kid and had it shipped immediately.

Then I found a double box of nine, therefore 18, pears but asked to have them delivered a while from now, when I'm having a house guest, which would mean help eating the pears. (I wanted to try them, but knew that we couldn't eat 18 of them in a reasonable time.)

Got one of those Your Order Has Shipped notices today. I called and told them I don't WANT them now...I want them in a couple of weeks. They were very nice and said that they couldn't stop the shipment, but all I need to do is call a week before I want them and they will send out an additional 18 pears so that they arrive when I asked for them to be delivered.

The question:
What the hell should I do with way more pears than we are going to be able to use right away? I've never canned pears...I think I have some canning jars...my grandma used to can spiced peaches...I've canned apple pie filling, applesauce and apple butter back when we had an apple tree...but PEARS? Thirty-six pears?

Suggestions?

You could cook them down and then freeze it rather than can it. Though, that is indeed a lot of pears!

Regift the first delivery? Preferably to someone with their original plumbing. Fruit (love it though I do) hasn't agreed with me since my first WLS in 2000. Waxing nostalgic...

Pear butter!! I buy it from Kozlowski Farms - I'l accept a shipment from you - hell, I'll come get it in person.
842_1375_large.jpg

My husband makes biscuits for himself, and insists on feeding them to me. He likes them with strawberry or raspberry jam, which I don't care for - but apple butter, pumpkin butter, pear butter, plum butter - Oh yes! On top of real butter, of course.

1980's B-movie style food fight. You could give someone massive concussion with a good Bend it like Bekham move.

What about carving them like little pumpkins and leaving them on your neighbours door steps to unnerve them?

You could puree them and do stuff...fuck i don't know.
Your pears are causing me existential angst.

1980's B-movie style food fight. You could give someone massive concussion with a good Bend it like Bekham move.

What about carving them like little pumpkins and leaving them on your neighbours door steps to unnerve them?

You could puree them and do stuff...fuck i don't know.
Your pears are causing me existential angst.

BTW, I really like my new steaming machine. Expect the statement in the next post.

I hate pears so have no useful suggestions, but wanted to compliment Spikey B for having maintained her youthful good looks since her last face shot a couple years ago. You haven't aged a bit!

I hate pears so have no useful suggestions, but wanted to compliment Spikey B for having maintained her youthful good looks since her last face shot a couple years ago. You haven't aged a bit!
When my husband sees this photo he says, "Ah! My Tuvaluvian Love Goddess!" But he's weird.

Where does one find this elusive Pear Butter of which y'all speak?? And IF one were willing to pop her pear butter cherry, is there a best brand? Imagining this is a boutique brand thing?

Latest posts

Back