Advice for VSGer

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hey guys, my sister had her VSG in September, so she's coming up on 6 months. She's lost 85 pounds, but is bothered by the fact that she's gone a few weeks without losing. I told her about stair stepping and stalls, I'm a stair stepper, but she feel like with the 4-5 Zumba classes she's taking per week, combined with the limited intake, that she should be losing steadily. She sent me a screen shot of her MFP info and said this is a pretty standard day. Any tips that I could pass along? I thought maybe she should have a little more fat or add an additional protein shake before of after Zumba.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I've suggested she join, she's just not into forums and she's very stubborn. BUT, she's my baby sister, and I will do whatever I can to help her be successful :)
TIA!
IMG_5143_zpsrz13lgfu.png

What is her calorie deficit? VSG will have to watch calories to some extent. I am sure some fellow VSG'rs will have some tips.

I think she said it averages around 700-800, which is quite low. According to the idea of what goes in and what gets expelled, she should be dropping tons of weight, but that makes me think that her metabolism is jacked up :(

As far as I can see, she's pretty spot on.. 700-800 at 6mo is about normal, and her protein is on target, so carbs and fat are the two play macros- she could drop the carbs lower if she wanted (I ate more fat, less carbs.. ) but I really, really don't think that will change much. A couple weeks or even a month with little loss happens. My losses weren't steady. I had some weeks where being on plan, I gained.. it all came off in the end without me switching up anything. The only thing I Did NOT do was cardio per se.. I waked, I hiked, but I am not a big believer in pushing cardio classes 4-5x a week. My only advice, drop 2 zumba classes a week and replace them with 20-30mins of heavy, slower, controlled weight lifting.

that seems like a pretty darn good loss in 6 months - I think she would do well to try and enjoy it and not weigh herself for a bit. stalls happen, sounds like she is in one.

how much more does she want to lose?

@JackieOnLine I think she had about 140 to lose to begin with, so 50-55 more. I'll tell her what you said, I think she feels better when it comes from someone else and not just me trying to "blow smoke up her ass" as she sees it ;)
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back