304lbs down so far!!! :)

Are you kidding me? lol. It took me 4 months to lose 5lbs lmao. With a DS that takes some sort of ass backwardness lol.
Lol, but look how much you have lost altogether! And, I'm pretty sure I haven't done much better than that over the last few months, if at all! I've also started doing a bit better just over the last few weeks, though, thankfully! But, maybe we're just a couple of tortoises, lol.

Lol, but look how much you have lost altogether! And, I'm pretty sure I haven't done much better than that over the last few months, if at all! I've also started doing a bit better just over the last few weeks, though, thankfully! But, maybe we're just a couple of tortoises, lol.

Comparing my journey to yours is like comparing apples to cacti lol. Seriously. I do the weight loss cha-cha! 5lbs down, 3 lbs up, 5lbs down, 2 lbs up lol. Oh well. This tortoise will cha-cha as long as she can!

Don't ever doubt you have done awesome :)

... He explained that more studies need to but done to confirm, but he is seeing more and more people who have my problem. It does make sense as it's only been possible for seriously obese people to lose a lot of weight a keep it off, quite recently with WLS. The theory is, the cause of pain (in my case osteo and psoriatic arthritis) has been there for a very long time but the nerve endings themselves were protected by layers of fat. ...

I read once that they thought many people smoked cigarettes to self-medicate mood disorders. When I read the above I couldn't help but wonder if your body was self-medicating with food. Wouldn't that be a thing, eh. The entire swill of negative tidal waves and at the root of it all was your body trying to protect you the only way it knew how.

Any how, congratulations. You are an inspiration!!

I read once that they thought many people smoked cigarettes to self-medicate mood disorders. When I read the above I couldn't help but wonder if your body was self-medicating with food. Wouldn't that be a thing, eh. The entire swill of negative tidal waves and at the root of it all was your body trying to protect you the only way it knew how.

Any how, congratulations. You are an inspiration!!

That's so interesting!

Most of my gain pre op was due to psych meds. I was stable at 540ish for 10+ years and then some shrink thought it would be a fab idea to put me on rispiridone and within a little over a year I was 640+. ugh. Every time I saw her and told her I was more depressed because I was putting weight, she would up my dose! Good lord some people need to go back to medical school!!! My GP now (had a different one) can't understand WHY they put someone in my situation on rispirdone in the first place! My GP now is fab and knows I am hyper sensitive to weight gain side effects of drugs.

A lot of my problem is self inflicted. I grew up trying to prove I was just like everyone else, just bigger. My friends could jump rope 100 times in a minute? well, I will do 110 just to prove I CAN! I was also in track & field running sprints and warm up laps....trying to prove "fat people can do it too". If only I could go back in time and tell myself I don't have to prove anything and that I ruining my joints by making them act like a skinny persons! So whilst I was an "active fatty" most of my life trying to be a good representative for "my kind", I pretty much screwed myself but couldn't feel the affects until my nerve endings lost weight haha.

Oh my days. If I couldn't laugh I think I would cry and never stop!

Every time I saw her and told her I was more depressed because I was putting weight, she would up my dose!

I swear mental healthcare is still in the dark ages. *I have been put on stuff that made me miserable and despite this was told I either needed to give it more time or take something additional. it's like they believe pill X is the answer and want to stick to it regardless of actual results. :angry smile:

Brandy, I thought your post was very interesting, too!

* ETA: all healthcare, sometimes - it just gets worse if you add anything "extra" like geriatrics or obesity or mental health.

you know, life!

I swear mental healthcare is still in the dark ages. *I have been put on stuff that made me miserable and despite this was told I either needed to give it more time or take something additional. it's like they believe pill X is the answer and want to stick to it regardless of actual results. :angry smile:

* ETA: all healthcare, sometimes - it just gets worse if you add anything "extra" like geriatrics or obesity or mental health.

you know, life!

I am happy to say I am off ALL psych meds. I DO NOT advocate that for anyone else and anyone contemplating quitting ANY medication should speak to their DR.

Having said all that, it is the best thing I ever did. I still on go and off sertraline (zoloft) when needed. Usually Oct-Dec as the days here are SUPER short and I have S.A.D. on top of bipolar. However, I feel really good and have been mostly stable for the past 4 years :) I say mostly as I had a wobble a couple of weeks ago. I just went from being me to being so far down. Turns out, it wasn't ME lol. It was a reaction to the pain patches and passed within 24 hours thankfully.

:) No the only "Meds" Im on is my fentanyl patches, top up codeine and allll my vites that I take religiously.

I am a rare type of mental patient. I have the messed up chemicals of bipolar, BUT the mental capacity and awareness (and support system) to not have to rely on conventional methods. I still get moody...if any of you have ever been on my FB you know I can go a bit mad lol, but Im ok.

Not a lot of people are like me, so please please please people take your meds as instructed by your drs :)

You already know I think your Fab and Slow and Steady wins the race, that has always been my motto. Plus life is messy and not perfect, so It is great to embrace our imperfections because they are just apart of who we are and I know you will get where you want to go, just like the rest of us turtles, we just may take a little longer. I say make t-shirts and hoodies, that turtle is adorbs.

You rock, seriously,

And I identify with a lot of the things you mention about people calling you "inspirational" and also with the weight freak-outs and self-sabotage. I get that all too well. But you're rocking it, girl!

This was my Christmas outfit. For the first time EVER I felt womanly. I have felt girly before, but not WOMANLY! It was nuts! I felt hot and to make matter better, my FIL kept going on an on about how good I looked and how that top/dress was my colour.

Funny thing is, I have worn that top before but it was a T shirt a couple of years ago. Made my day :)

Still truckin'...down to 277. Someday I will hit 275 lol

PS- those boots have a 1 inch heel. I <3 my new cyborg hip!

10411871_10153149478427676_4231443608869544948_n.jpg

you know, life!
Sounds like you could have had Treatment Resistant Depression. My oldest son Cameron went through all that shit and the side effects were terrible in some cases making things worse. No meds worked and he no longer sees a Psychiatrist because all they want to do is medicate. He is on nothing now but is seeking counseling and we have looked at TMS, Ketamine therapy, a combination of the two and even a couple different stimulators (Deep brain -yeah not wild about that, and Vagal nerve). He has been doing better as of late so we haven't pursued those avenues very hard as most are considered experimental and you have to be in a study to get insurance to cover or study covers.

Latest posts

Back