1mo post op, sudden nausea/pain

Snowbutterfly

I'm not even sure if this is surgery related OR being caused by one of my chronic conditions. I'm 1 mo post op and with the exception of getting random stabbing pains and muscle soreness from sitting at my desk, I've had no issues. I didn't have my sleeve touched so I can eat without a prob.
Yesterday I went for a bike ride (small, no more than 15mins), then sat at the park while my son played. On the way home I started feeling very uncomfortable. Pressure and pain got increasingly worse in my torso area (I honestly couldn't pin point it). I'm almost positive it was gas, but i hadn't eaten anything for 3 hours, and I havnt had gas pains for 2 weeks. Then today I found it very difficult to sit at my desk. And now I'm crazy nauseous (weak, and dizzy too).
Now here's where it gets confusing... I have POTS, which my symptoms flare with heat (I don't tolerate heat at all) and it's been hot the last 2 days (and air conditioning is out in our office).
So.. do u think this is POTS related, or post DS related? I've never heard of someone having gas/pain/nausea once it went away after surgery (for me, all that stoped by 2 weeks).
I just wanna make sure I shouldn't be concerned something is wrong.

I don't know because I have no idea what POTS is. But run it by your surgeon. You can never be too careful. It wont kill him to have to answer a few questions.

Im kinda avoiding the surgeon cause he seems to not know much. My PCP is off for the day and I hate to bug her for something that's just a symptom.

I guess what I most want to know is if it's common to get a sudden increase in nausea and gas

Im kinda avoiding the surgeon cause he seems to not know much. My PCP is off for the day and I hate to bug her for something that's just a symptom.

I guess what I most want to know is if it's common to get a sudden increase in nausea and gas

No such thing as bothering the doctor. There is no norm when it comes to something hurting. Every individual is different. We would rather you be too cautious than too lax and something go wrong that could have been prevented.

As other have said, it is important to discuss this with your doctor. However, dehydration can lead to increased nausea and so can acid reflux. Make sure you are drinking enough water (64-ounce min) and if you are not currently taking a PPI for acid reflux you may need one (ask your doctor).

30 days after DS, I had acute pain. Turned out it was diverticulitis, a serious infection unrelated to DS. I needed massive course of antibiotics to resolve it. Please get to a doctor. This could be anything, but needs to be checked out.

Last edited:
Thank u all... it's my POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrom) acting up. I normally have to drink 2x the recommended amount of water, and even more on hot days. I was only getting in about 90oz of water and I'm extremely sensitive to heat . So the mix was just alot of stress on my body

Thank u all... it's my POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrom) acting up. I normally have to drink 2x the recommended amount of water, and even more on hot days. I was only getting in about 90oz of water and I'm extremely sensitive to heat . So the mix was just alot of stress on my body
glad you found out and it's nothing serious. Have to get that fluid in.

Latest posts

Back