16 years out

DianaCox

Bad Cop
Not the best pic, because I had to get up early to take two of the cats to the vet for sedated dental work, and I don’t do mornings. I will be 66 in 12 days. I’ve gained about 17 lbs (190 this morning) since my abdominoplasty last year, due to laziness, lack of exercise (not lack of opportunity to do it - I live in an active 55+ community), and carb-creep. But my annual labs are good, and my weight is under my control. Time to get a grip.

Not the best pic, because I had to get up early to take two of the cats to the vet for sedated dental work, and I don’t do mornings. I will be 66 in 12 days. I’ve gained about 17 lbs (190 this morning) since my abdominoplasty last year, due to laziness, lack of exercise (not lack of opportunity to do it - I live in an active 55+ community), and carb-creep. But my annual labs are good, and my weight is under my control. Time to get a grip.
View attachment 2130

Wow you look amazing. Who did your tuck? Cash or insurance pay? Were you satisfied with your results. Did you get quotes pn other body parts?

Wow you look amazing. Who did your tuck? Cash or insurance pay? Were you satisfied with your results. Did you get quotes pn other body parts?
Jason Johnson at Affiliated Southwest Surgeons
20033 N 19th Ave Bldg 3
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(602) 439-1111

Insurance covered it, although I did have to appeal - BCBS assholes. I did get some vague quotes, which weren’t outrageous but not on my current budget or interest. And now I’m on Medicare, so even less likely to be covered.

I was reasonably satisfied. He followed my instructions regarding not making me too tight - I didn’t want a difficult recovery. My belly button didn’t come out great, but there was a healing problem. I think the bottom of the incision is a bit weird - the middle of the top part of the bikini cut was the top of my old belly button and didn’t heal nicely. And somehow I burned myself (? I assume), perhaps with a hot bowl, but didn’t feel it because of the numbness, and that scarred badly too. But it’s not awful. And the rest of the scar going up over my hips and around to the start of my back is very nice, contoured nicely. He thought there were dog ears at the ends that he wanted to fix later, but I used scar tape and they look fine to me.

Jason Johnson at Affiliated Southwest Surgeons
20033 N 19th Ave Bldg 3
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(602) 439-1111

Insurance covered it, although I did have to appeal - BCBS assholes. I did get some vague quotes, which weren’t outrageous but not on my current budget or interest. And now I’m on Medicare, so even less likely to be covered.

I was reasonably satisfied. He followed my instructions regarding not making me too tight - I didn’t want a difficult recovery. My belly button didn’t come out great, but there was a healing problem. I think the bottom of the incision is a bit weird - the middle of the top part of the bikini cut was the top of my old belly button and didn’t heal nicely. And somehow I burned myself (? I assume), perhaps with a hot bowl, but didn’t feel it because of the numbness, and that scarred badly too. But it’s not awful. And the rest of the scar going up over my hips and around to the start of my back is very nice, contoured nicely. He thought there were dog ears at the ends that he wanted to fix later, but I used scar tape and they look fine to me.
View attachment 2131

Looks nice and flat. I see what you're talking about belly button if that's it. I initially wanted legs and arms done but with all the tragedy lately I And not going to risk it for looks

It’s not quite as flat as it looks in the pic, because I took it laying down. But the bit of poodge I have is most likely because I’ve gained 17 lbs since surgery last year. And because I’m almost 66 ...

It’s not quite as flat as it looks in the pic, because I took it laying down. But the bit of poodge I have is most likely because I’ve gained 17 lbs since surgery last year. And because I’m almost 66 ...

Oh i know they say with plastic surgery gain or loose 20 pounds and it can change the look of the work.

Wow Diana to look at you i never would have guessed you're almost 66. Mid 50's would have been my guess.

Latest posts

Back