10 days till surgery

duh_Mom

Well, I am 10 days, 14 hours and 40 minutes from surgery, but who's counting. I have just come from my preop testing. I have been EKG'd and Chest xrayed. Met with the nurse practitioner and reviewed all my pre-op labs that were done last week. I was amazed every thing was WNL - she did tell me my A1C was in the pre-diabetic phase. That was an o'shit moment for me.
I have been on that VLCD (very low calorie diet) 13 days that they want you on - most days are good, but some are not. the scale is steadily going down so that is good, but damn sometimes I am hungry and sometimes I just want to eat. I know this is part of the process, at least my docs process.
I do have to warn the world the hormone patch has to go - for the next 6 weeks - hopefully I won't start growing a beard.:) between no hormones and no food - shite - won't be pretty next week at work.
I do have to say about the VLCD diet thing - the wife is doing it with me. lord help, makes it so much easier without any other food in the house. I work from home and don't have to travel right now so it is just me and the Golden Girls (retrievers). So when my every 3 hour feeding comes up, I pick something, put water in it and drink. Honestly, I am not suffering to much. I do feel for the peeps that have to go to work and be around all the food etc.
I am still reading and learning. I am going to compile a list of all the stuff the nut, the nurse, have told me and post it here for feedback.
10 days, 14 hours, 27 minutes.. in case you was wondering.

I'm only a month out from surgery and I remember how that felt, the excitement, apprehension, aggravation (with the diet). But now 1 month later I see how easy it was in the grand scheme.

It will be here and gone before you know it and you'll be on your way down the losers bench.

Hang in there

My surgery is on the 16th so we are pretty close! I don't have to do the VLCD so I guess I'm lucky but it's great you are getting a jump on the weight loss and probably shrinking your liver too.
Hang in there!

I sympathize. On the 22nd I start a 2 week no calorie liquid program with 3 low carb shakes. That's it. For 14 days! God give me strength. I'll be pulling for you.

@DBmom, my surgery is on the 16th too, 7:30 in the morning. So we are both on the same day. opposite coasts so to speak - I am in TN

Latest posts

Back