what's your favorite vice?

How in the name of all that is wholely wonderful do you not know about this?
I don’t eat Ben & Jerry’s. Way more than my budget. And for the last almost nine years, ice cream and I had to part company.

My list of vices is long and strange. Mostly smells: old house, spring dirt, car exhaust, babys feet, and many other scents. Foods include Godiva, bacon, dates, brisket, pork, king crab, and so on. But my biggest vice is being alone. I treasure solitude to an unhealthy point. I just love my hobbies of homemaking, quilting, sewing and knitting. The pursuit of those are the only things that get me out of the house.

DianaCox said:
Cherry Garcia - but I am able to exhibit sufficient self-control to make 1 pint = 4 servings. I can rationalize damn near anything.
What in the hell is Cherry Garcia?

O.M.G. Stop what EVER you are doing now and go to the store! Seriously!

Coffee is such a worthy vice. Just last night I ordered what is as close to the three top (dark) coffees I can find, to do a side by side comparison. Every year I go through this to see if there are any new contenders. I'm down to "Kicking horse (Kickass, but will drink 454 in a pinch)", Don Pablo's "Pablo's Pride Organic Honduran Marcala Dark", and Koffee Kult Dark. I do not want to hear about Lavazza. This is an obsession, and I have to be able to try it with both an aeropress, and as a pourover.
Arts / crafts may count as well. I have more projects than I will ever live to finish, but I'm starting a new dresser that will likely take over 20 hours to decorate with a sharpie right now. Buying art is an addiction too, and I'm going to have to keep building walls to keep puting anything up.

Now with the cold weather, my favorite vice is hot chocolate with heavy cream. Yum. In the evening, I turn on the tv, put my legs up, and sip the deliciousness!

Coffee is such a worthy vice.
After reading about it for years on WLS boards, I bought heavy whipping cream for my coffee. Good grief, why did I wait so long to use it? It makes a world of difference. I suppose artificial sweeteners are the spawn of the devil, but I really am enjoying Equal's peppermint mocha. It saves me from using that vile (but delicious) chemical concoction AND I can use it all year round. I found Skinny Girl mint chocolate chip syrup. Haven't tried it, yet I have high hopes.

Latest posts

Back