What to bring to the hospital

katsmeow07

Well, my surgery is tomorrow morning and I'm starting to pack my hospital bag. What are some necessities that I should definitely have with me? Also, please say a prayer that i make it through :/

I would take a pair of socks and a pair of comfy undies for each day, lip balm, toothbrush and toothpaste and something to pull my hair back with (when it's not washed every day I can't tolerate it loose but maybe that's just me). That's all I actually used -- I took stuff to read, computer, toilettes, jammies, etc and didn't use any of it and I'm a pretty huge reader so that surprised me that I didn't even crack a book open. All I wanted was to be clean an to sleep haha. If you search, I'm almost certain there is a post about what to take to the hospital that has a pretty extensive list. Sending good prayers your way for tomorrow! You are going to be fine!!!!
Thanks so much! I was wondering about the undies will they hurt around my stomach? And did you need any kind of support like an Abdomin binder

tomorrow!! that's great, you will be so glad to get it over and be on the other side.

is someone going to let us know when you are out of surgery? is there a plan? if not, can we make one?

tomorrow!! that's great, you will be so glad to get it over and be on the other side.

is someone going to let us know when you are out of surgery? is there a plan? if not, can we make one?
I just wish this waiting was over, I'm looking forward to 24 hrs from now. I'm a nervous wreck and I'm starving, just jello and broth today. I'll give you all an update tomorrow if I'm not out if it too much. Do you mean a plan for returning home?

totally normal to be nervous, and hungry.

no, I meant often if you are not able to post and tell us how you are someone else can do it for you. will anyone be at the hospital with you? I could have them text me, for example, and I could post the update.

it's always nice to know when people are done and OK and in recovery.

The most important things for me were lip balm, mini listerine bottles and listerine spray and baby wipes. I couldn't bend enough to get underwear on or off or to brush my teeth when I was in the hospital. I also hate socks so I had crocks flip flops for walking around. Also, a brush or comb and something to hold your hair back. My hair was a tangled matted mess by the end of the first day and it drove me berserk since I had IVs in both hands and couldn't put it up myself. I had a carefully packed suitcase full of stuff I never used.

Congratulations! Baby wipes, scented spray, and a long bathrobe for walks in the hallway were some of the most useful items I brought. Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about your progress!!!!

This is so helpful! I have surgery on Wednesday and wanted to get a start on packing my hospital bag. I feel like I'm nesting, I have been an organizing, cleaning crazy lady! But on a positive not my neighbor/friend has surgery (RNY) in December. She wore around the same size as me maybe a few things were a size smaller and brought over garbage bags of clothes that didn't fit her anymore. While I was organizing and cleaning I decide to try on a pair of the jeans she brought over that didn't fit then. THEY FIT PERFECTLY today! I have lost a little over 35 lbs since starting this process.

Latest posts

Back