DS Shock

k9ophile

I was hospitalized for a hypertensive crisis, but that's not the shocking part. The hospitalist actually knew not only what the DS, but also knew about supplements. My labs showed some areas that need improvement. I've got some work ahead of me. Thank god for this forum. I would be up a shit creek without a paddle.
On the plus side, a TIA was ruled out. An MRI and CT scan of my brain showed that I one.

I was hospitalized for a hypertensive crisis, but that's not the shocking part. The hospitalist actually knew not only what the DS, but also knew about supplements. My labs showed some areas that need improvement. I've got some work ahead of me. Thank god for this forum. I would be up a shit creek without a paddle.
On the plus side, a TIA was ruled out. An MRI and CT scan of my brain showed that I one.
Glad you didn’t have a TIA. Glad you lucked up on that hospitalist. Doesn’t happen often.

Oh this sounds scary! I hope you are out of the hospital soon. I have rather odd brain blood flow architecture (no internal carotid artery on the right side) so I live in fear of these, I'm glad for you it wasn't a TIA! It is pretty cool the hospitalist knew about DSers and their supplement needs though...

Glad you didn’t have a TIA. Glad you lucked up on that hospitalist. Doesn’t happen often.
Truly, I was shocked!
Saw the endocrinologist and my osteoporosis is unchanged.
My right arm hurts and is discolored. My IV infiltrated. Now I have phlebitis. The endocrinologist said I can put heat on, but I might also need antibiotics.
Roseanne Roseannadanna was right: its always something.

Oh this sounds scary! I hope you are out of the hospital soon. I have rather odd brain blood flow architecture (no internal carotid artery on the right side) so I live in fear of these, I'm glad for you it wasn't a TIA! It is pretty cool the hospitalist knew about DSers and their supplement needs though...
She was way off on the doses, but I have my lab results. I can follow what I've learned here.
Fingers crossed that you stay healthy without any cerebrovascular problems.
ETA I have no idea how I managed to type "booger". I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the crisis and IV infiltration arm pain. Wishing you swift healing and that your well-informed doctors take great care of you!

Latest posts

Back