DS Shock

I hope so, too. I'd like to pretend it was a one off event, but a few days after I was discharged my sister was admitted with a TIA. Strokes and congestive heart disease are problems that my mom and her dad had.
While it sounds like it runs in your family, hopefully it was a one off FOR YOU!

While it sounds like it runs in your family, hopefully it was a one off FOR YOU!
I'm wearing a 14 day cardiac monitor.

I still don't understand why I was in the hospital for 5 days. Hospitals lose money on extended stays. But then again, I have very good insurance: Medicare and Tricare. I'm glad for me, but in the end it's a dysfunctional system.

I'm feeling better. I'm wearing a 14 day cardiac monitor.

Sending mojo. I have to wear a holter monitor every few years to make sure my meds are still controlling my PVCs. It's always super fun since I can't shower with it and I'm sensitive to the adhesive. I hope yours goes without a hitch.

Sending mojo. I have to wear a holter monitor every few years to make sure my meds are still controlling my PVCs. It's always super fun since I can't shower with it and I'm sensitive to the adhesive. I hope yours goes without a hitch.
I've been using the packaged wet cloths that came home with me. I got my hair done today so I got a shampoo as well. I was told I could shower, but with caution. I couldn't get my foot wet after my bunion surgery. My mom and grandma were big on sinks and wash cloths. A good way to cope when the water heater is in the fritz. I get less fussy as I age.

UPDATE: It seems my dizziness is due to my ear crytals out of order. Oh well, at least I found my potassium levels and got that treated. I'm not sure how that relates to my hypertensive urgency, but there's a chance of some relationship.

I'm still wearing the cardiac monitor until Monday. The dizziness may have caused the extreme spike. I'm going to monitor my blood pressure. It went away after surgery, but maybe it's back yet unrelated to weight.

I have the ear crystal thing and other vertigo issues. Every time I piss it off it takes weeks to settle down (it usually gets mad when I tip my head upside down to look under the bed or something). It is VERY annoying! You can do PT for it but it takes months and you have to tolerate provoking your symptoms for it to work. I've tried the head maneuvers at home the doctors recommend but they never seem to help. I just have to wait it out...

Latest posts

Back