DS Shock

My mom had the ear crystal vertigo issue after she fell (unfortunately during a cardiac event) and hit her head (hard enough to fracture her orbital bone). She had great relief in her first session, went back for a second and that was all she needed.

I'm glad they found the why! is it being treated?
I think this is perhaps the third or fourth episode. It thought it might be my ear crystals before I was hospitalized. I had one PT session on Thursday and I'm feeling so much better. I have another appointment Tuesday. I may not need another adjustment. It's kind of like having the DS. We know more about our bodies than the "professionals" and getting them to listen to us is difficult.

My mom had the ear crystal vertigo issue after she fell (unfortunately during a cardiac event) and hit her head (hard enough to fracture her orbital bone). She had great relief in her first session, went back for a second and that was all she needed.
I'm sorry your mom suffered a fracture. It's amazing that one simple session can work wonders. I'm going back, yet might not need another adjustment.

I have the ear crystal thing and other vertigo issues. Every time I piss it off it takes weeks to settle down (it usually gets mad when I tip my head upside down to look under the bed or something). It is VERY annoying! You can do PT for it but it takes months and you have to tolerate provoking your symptoms for it to work. I've tried the head maneuvers at home the doctors recommend but they never seem to help. I just have to wait it out...
I think the home maneuver is a bit difficult. I have a physical therapist do the Epley maneuver. Works great, but I hate that I can't just make an appointment without a referral from a physician. Usually two sessions with the Epley maneuver does the job. Has anyone ever tried that on you?

I think the home maneuver is a bit difficult. I have a physical therapist do the Epley maneuver. Works great, but I hate that I can't just make an appointment without a referral from a physician. Usually two sessions with the Epley maneuver does the job. Has anyone ever tried that on you?
Yes, I've had it done by a doctor and again in PT. It doesn't seem to do much for me. But I also have this issue where my brain has made my eyes dominant in determining where I am in space because my inner ear isn't working properly and my migraines caused the signals to get confused. So I spent 6 months in rehab for it....and then a massage therapist triggered it all again by doing some craniosacral move I didn't agree to. I might have gotten really angry. I'll eventually have to go back and do the 6 months again, but I'm facing a year's worth of PT for this torn rotator cuff, so it is going to have to wait!

I'm so glad others get relief so quickly though, I'll keep that in mind the next time my mom complains about dizziness!!

Yes, I've had it done by a doctor and again in PT. It doesn't seem to do much for me. But I also have this issue where my brain has made my eyes dominant in determining where I am in space because my inner ear isn't working properly and my migraines caused the signals to get confused. So I spent 6 months in rehab for it....and then a massage therapist triggered it all again by doing some craniosacral move I didn't agree to. I might have gotten really angry. I'll eventually have to go back and do the 6 months again, but I'm facing a year's worth of PT for this torn rotator cuff, so it is going to have to wait!

I'm so glad others get relief so quickly though, I'll keep that in mind the next time my mom complains about dizziness!!
I'm sorry to hear this. When those crystals come out to play, I'm miserable. I'm also sorry to hear about your rotator cuff. My husband had his left repaired. Now his right is torn. It was deemed to be inoperable. I wish you the best as you navigate through the therapy routine. It sounds rigorous.

I'm sorry to hear this. When those crystals come out to play, I'm miserable. I'm also sorry to hear about your rotator cuff. My husband had his left repaired. Now his right is torn. It was deemed to be inoperable. I wish you the best as you navigate through the therapy routine. It sounds rigorous.
Thank you!! Oh man, I feel for your husband. The pain of a torn rotator cuff is awful, or at least mine is. It is like a toothache you can't get fixed. I've heard if you can't operate on it that sometimes PT can be helpful. If nothing else you get to use the ice machine thing that ices your whole shoulder with freezing water (but you don't get wet, it flows through this vest thing). Most amazing invention ever.

Thank you!! Oh man, I feel for your husband. The pain of a torn rotator cuff is awful, or at least mine is. It is like a toothache you can't get fixed. I've heard if you can't operate on it that sometimes PT can be helpful. If nothing else you get to use the ice machine thing that ices your whole shoulder with freezing water (but you don't get wet, it flows through this vest thing). Most amazing invention ever.
He has a regular appointment with his doctor next week. I'll suggest he get a referral for PT. When he had his rotator cuff repaired years ago, he was told it was a difficult surgery. I broke my hip last year and my favorite therapy was the ice pack as the last thing for the session.

Latest posts

Back