Vitamin HELP Please!!!!

I endorse this sentiment. I can easily swallow two Citracal Petites in one swallow, but the bigger pills I started with (and only had like 250mg each) used to gag me.
i believe that two Citracal petites equal 500mg calcium...so, they too, are 250 each. But smaller.

Citracal Petites are 200mg each, so I take 2 in the am with my multi, which has 200mg calcium, and take another 3 in the afternoon, for a total of 1200mg per day.

Why would you need that much?? Wouldn't that be the cause of your kidney stones??? I was thrilled with the petites. You licked the cream off my bun.

Why would you need that much?? Wouldn't that be the cause of your kidney stones??? I was thrilled with the petites. You licked the cream off my bun.
Because we dont absorb for shit. Some absorb more and require less of specific supplements but others require more. Your labs will guide you.

As you know, being a lady as you age bone density and such is a big concern, and DS folk are at higher risk of osteoporosis. So this is one where you don't want to skimp and yes calcium is the biggest pain in the ass of all the supplements, imo

Calcium oxalate kidney stones are not caused by ingesting too much calcium...they are caused by the calcium not getting absorbed where it should...and it travels and finds the wrong stuff to bond to, and voila! Stones.

OMG, how happy am I??!! You folks were holding out on me!! I just found PETITE citracal. I'm so excited. No more horse pills!!

Ooooh I started with those doggone horse pills and I gagged EVERY time and often I couldn't get the doggone pill down without crushing - and sometimes I just plain skipped dosages. I then tried calcium citrate powder which is fine when I'm at home and can mix it in with yogurt or something, but again I was missing dosages. Someone (@Clematis maybe?) brought the UpCal D packets to my attention and life has not been the same since! I am now finally getting ALL of my calcium. Although they say they're "D" packets, they include 2500mg (500mg elemental) of calcium citrate as well as 500IU of D per packet. The powder can be mixed easily with liquid or even just dumped into the mouth right from the packet (which is what I usually do since they don't taste particularly nasty). They're so portable that I keep a couple of packets in my backpack when I'm on the go. Love it!

I think the petites would be my 2nd choice and if I find I can't get the packets for some reason I'd have no hesitation with getting those. However the packets were a real godsend for me so I hope I can continue to find them :)

It wasn;t me @BebeZed. After getting Maximum Citrical and discovering they were huuuuge, I crushed them with professional pill crusher and mixed with yogurt. Got tired of that and bought Costco calcium, slightly smaller, which I can now knock down two at a time. I also use PatchMD Vitamin D3/Calcium patch, but won;t reorder after this month as they are too pricey.

It wasn;t me @BebeZed. After getting Maximum Citrical and discovering they were huuuuge, I crushed them with professional pill crusher and mixed with yogurt. Got tired of that and bought Costco calcium, slightly smaller, which I can now knock down two at a time. I also use PatchMD Vitamin D3/Calcium patch, but won;t reorder after this month as they are too pricey.
Be careful with the Costco calcium...it has B6 in it.

The Jarrow Bone Up is a capsule so it can be pulled apart and sprinkled in food.

Latest posts

Back