Virus that causes weight gain?

This theory has been bouncing around for a number of years. I don't know why there hasn't been more research - I just did a PubMed search, and there was not one paper published on it in 2016. The one thing that got to me from this article was this:

"The effort to control his eating, even when it was successful, made Randy miserable: “I can’t tell you what it is like to be hungry all the time. It is an ongoing stress. Try it. Most people who give advice don’t have to feel it.”"

What the DS did for me with respect to ameliorating the lack of satiety and stress trying to NOT eat when I was hungry was the greatest gift of the surgery.

That misery of near constant hunger is also one of the main reasons for long term failure of gastric bypass. The stoma stretches out (at least for some people) such that no matter how small the pouch is, whatever that person eats just falls right through the stoma into the small intestine, leaving the stomach empty and the person hungry. Unless he/she can train themselves not to eat despite hunger, they will regain weight.

What the DS did for me with respect to ameliorating the lack of satiety and stress trying to NOT eat when I was hungry was the greatest gift of the surgery.

I am longing for this feeling @DianaCox. I want to feel normal. I am well accustomed to life without bread and pasta, but I would love to not be hungry enough to eat the whole Cow for a snack.

... whatever that person eats just falls right through the stoma into the small intestine, leaving the stomach empty and the person hungry...
You just described 98% of why I am seeking the DS out of state instead of the easier to get RNY right near my house.

I am so glad I found you guys!

Absolutely worth it to go the extra mile (literally) for the DS over RNY. I paid for my DS outside the US, rather than have insurance pay for RNY right at home, and have been so glad every single year that I did.

Also what Diana mentioned above - sated hunger for the first time! Total surprise, but what a gift.

Latest posts

Back