Update...met with surgeon

star0210

Met with the surgeon. He is scheduling me for exploratory laparoscopic surgery. He suspects an intermittent partial blockage which could be caused by a number of things. I'm actually hoping it is because that means he can fix it and I can be better!

I hope so as well. That will be a breeze if that is the case. My first hernia surgery and recovery was very easy compared to other surgeries.

Fingers crossed that this gets you fixed up and for good.

Nice. I had been in the hospital already as they were wanting it to resolve on its own and my surgery was at 6pm so I spent the night... And they kept me up all night because my blood pressure was really low and they were freaking out. They took my bp and vitals every hour. I told them either hook up a damb automatic cuff and reader or send on the charge nurse so I can yell at her. Lol I am such a great patient sometimes. :p

I hope the surgeon finds something quick and easy to fix and sends you on your merry way. Keep us posted.

Hi @star0210....sure good to hear from you darlin! I really hope this works out for you, it sounds very encouraging, good luck!

Oh Star! I am glad they are going 'shopping' around in there. I hope they figure it out and get you on the road. Now, if it turns out to be twins - after some of those pics you have posted - we will all congratulate you on that too. :)

Well I have a new symptom to add to my list. Vomiting. I've vomited up everything I've tried to eat since Wednesday night.
I DO NOT VOMIT EVER. Up until last night I can count the number of times in my entire life I've ever vomited on one hand. And all but one were because I was stupid and drank too much. The other time was when I was 7 or 8 yrs old and caught a stomach virus.

Surgeons office called thursday and their first available date for my surgery was not until February 25th. I don't have any increase in pain..just the same dull ache on the right side and under my right ribcage.
Of course I'm very distended which makes it a little hard to breathe.
I told her I didn't think I was going to be able to wait that long and told her about not being able to keep solids down and her response was...I'm sorry. Pfffttt.
I called their office yesterday and spoke to the nurse practitioner and told her what was going on, that I saw the doc on Wednesday and that I have an exploratory lap surgery scheduled for a suspected partial obstruction...they're going to move my case up to next week.
But I had to go through an annoying conversation with her...no, I don't still have my gallbladder, no I don't think it's my appendix, no I don't have heartburn or reflux. No I'm not taking anti nausea meds or pain meds nor do I want any. She said well let me call you in some Reglan...it's both an anti nausea med and a motility drug so maybe taking that will allow you to eat. I said, I'm not vomiting because I'm nauseated, I'm vomiting because the food has nowhere to go but back up. No I don't want pain meds...I want to feel the pain so I know whether it intensifies signaling an emergency. She said but the motility part might help move things down so you can eat. I was thinking, do you understand what an obstruction is? I just said ok thanks I'll give it a try. She said as long as I can keep liquids down I'm fine but if it gets worse to call the on call surgeon. Well the on call surgeon is a woman in the practice who doesn't perform the DS. At least my guy has done a few of them and is familiar with the surgery.

So I'm monitoring things very closely and sticking to liquids only. They are supposed to call me Monday to tell me when my new surgery date will be but it should be this next week.

If you continue vomiting I would go to the ER. These are classic signs of bowel obstruction (distention, bloat, pain that you are probably having but have become accustomed to and vomiting) so don't mess around. If you go to the ER that will force your surgeon to do something. These guys all leave slots for emergencies or will clear a spot.

That is exactly what I had to do with my first intestinal hernia causing a partial blockage. They admitted me from ER after CT, put me NPO and said well the pain went away so you can go home. I told them that of course it went away because I haven't been eating so what do you think will happen when I eat? I need to eat and then if it goes away I will go home but if it doesn't you need to go something. I ate, had immediate pain and I had surgery the next day.

You have to force these Fuckers sometimes or they let you suffer and risk real serious consequences.

Latest posts

Back