Thoughts for the newly switched

Razbry

I thought I'd start this thread for the veterans to put in comments that might be helpful for our newly switched sisters and brothers. Here is what I have to say:

Just after surgery you are full of drugs. These take time to wear off, and it can make you feel lousy.

You are starting to poop out your fat stores. A lot of the toxins in the body are stored in your fat. The good news is that you are getting rid of the toxins. The bad news is that it really stinks and can make you feel lousy.

You will have a time of surgery regret. It will pass

It took me a full 3 months to feel like I returned to normal health.

Either you are pooping a lot, or worrying that you are not pooping enough. If you aren't in pain or dehydrated, don't worry about it. It will even out.

Try not to focus on the scale. It will happen.

Seriously, try to kick any soda habit. Carbonation...not good. Sugar...not good. Sugar substitutes...not good.

Pay attention to the vitamin and nutritional recommendations being made on this site. Most of the time your surgeon, PCP and nutritionist are either ignorant of your nutritional needs or are not current. This is the site to use to make sure you keep your health. It's hard to go against MD advice, but it is crucial you do what is right for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back