Thoughts About "Roses"

k9ophile

I participate in a regular Zoom call with some of my peers. We talk about Roses and Thorns. I spent five days in Bellevue, WA, with these peers.

Roses:
I had a very nice time. We only knew each other from the Zoom calls, so it was great to see them. The hotel was mostly a good experience. People at the convention and at neighborhood businesses were friendly and helpful.

Thorns: I requested services and accommodations for my mobility issues and received none. The flight had a stop in Chicago. After several weather delays from Chicago to Nashville, I got in after everything was closed. Mr. K9 hadn't had anything to eat for about 10 hours. We did find a fast food place that was open 24 hours.

It's taking me a while to feel okay. Hubby did not want me to go. And I wasn't 100% sure, but it turned out to a good experience. I'm going to try to mentally prepare for bunion surgery on the 21st. No weight baring for two weeks.
Swing a chicken for me.

Glad you enjoyed your visit with your friends. As far as the flight, accommodations should have happened and I’d contact the airline customer service to let them know they failed in that regard. Not much they can do about the delay. But your mobility issues should have been handled.

Glad you went and sorry for the travel troubles. Roses and thorns sounds like a great structure for the friends' Zoom! Hopefully the surgery will go well and provide relief!

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed your visit with your friends. As far as the flight, accommodations should have happened and I’d contact the airline customer service to let them know they failed in that regard. Not much they can do about the delay. But your mobility issues should have been handled.
Actually the airline was helpful. It was the hotel that didn't do much. It had the usual heavy doors that would close before I could get the scooter into the room. They did give me a door wedge. The other problem at the hotel was getting in the elevators before the doors closed. That's when others were a big help.

I'm glad I went. Next year the convention will be in Denver. It won't be downtown, which I prefer. It'll be at the Denver Tech Center. I have no idea how that'll be. Downtown has lots of restaurants within walking distance. Good thing I have a few months to think about it.

Latest posts

Back