This pre-op liquid diet has already sucked all the excitement out of me.

Hi Barbara! I'm a little over 2 hours away from his office. I live in PA. Thanks for the support! 3 days to go. :)

@Jen-2 @robs477
PLEASE add your surgery date to the calendar if you haven't done so already...that way people will be notified when it's your day and can post messages to you.
http://bariatricfacts.org/events/monthly
For anything it requires that is too personal, just put the word home and it will be fine.

Hi @southernlady I tried to ad my Surgery date...not sure if it made it? This site is usually very intuitive, but that section was confusing, plus there is no option to select yr 2015 ??

Hi Barbara! I'm a little over 2 hours away from his office. I live in PA. Thanks for the support! 3 days to go. :)
@Jen-2 will you go home when released from the hospital or will you stay close by for your first follow-up? You must be so excited! I'm excited for you!!

@Barbara I'll go home when I'm released on Friday unless he keeps me longer for a complication of course. I'll be back on the 17th for my follow up appt. They are calling for a snowstorm this Sunday into Monday. If that really happens then I'll be coming into town late Sunday afternoon. If you and EN are around Sunday or the 17th or during next week I'd love to meet you guys!

And yes - I'm getting very excited now!

@Jen-2 keep me up to date on your travel plans this weekend. I would love to meet up with you on Sunday. Unfortunately I have to work on the 17th. I'll PM you my phone number.

Last day of protein shakes. Tomorrow is just clear liquids. I'm down 9 pounds. I'll be lucky if I eek out 10 pounds before surgery. :( I've had a migraine from hell all day. I hate calling the doctor on the weekend but I got desperate enough that I called. Waiting on a call back from Wasser who's on call to see if I can take anything besides Tylenol.

Have a few things left to do before we leave for NJ tomorrow. Haven't packed yet. I'm getting excited.

@robs477 hope you're doing well on all liquids. Please let me Know how you're doing when you get a minute!

Last day of protein shakes. Tomorrow is just clear liquids. I'm down 9 pounds. I'll be lucky if I eek out 10 pounds before surgery. :( I've had a migraine from hell all day. I hate calling the doctor on the weekend but I got desperate enough that I called. Waiting on a call back from Wasser who's on call to see if I can take anything besides Tylenol.

Have a few things left to do before we leave for NJ tomorrow. Haven't packed yet. I'm getting excited.

@robs477 hope you're doing well on all liquids. Please let me Know how you're doing when you get a minute!
@Jen-2 i'm thinking about you and wishing for an easy time. Will someone keep us updated as to your progress? We want to know how you're doing.

Hi Jen, getting REAL close sweet pea! Are you getting nervous? I CHEATED today and grilled out a brined chicken breast with asparagus!!! That’s normally considered a healthy meal, but given our state of forced state of deprivation, I felt rebellious like I was eating a chocolate fudge sundae or something!..lol I’m SO excited for you, I wish I could be there w/u to help! As Barbara said…HOW are you going to let us know how you’re doing? Larra has graciously agreed to be my sweet Angel and my wife will give her an update to post after my surgery.

I'm doing okay so far with the nerves. I think they'll hit me tomorrow. That meal sounds like ambrosia right now! lol. I'll figure out how to let everyone know I came through surgery ok. I'm trying to meet up with @Elizabeth N. and @Barbara tomorrow. I think that'll largely depend on the weather as they are calling for snow and some freezing rain. I'll try to work it out that myself or my husband texts one of them so they can post to the board. If I'm feeling up to it I'll try to pop on here Monday night too.

My surgery is scheduled for 10 a.m. I have to report to admissions at 7:30 and get my PICC line at 8. I think the doc said surgery should be about 3 hours. Only clear liquids tomorrow. YAY! Right. :mad:

BTW Rob I was able to add my surgery to the calendar. Just hit the calendar link at the top of the page and then hit "post new event" and it lets you put in your info. It won't go on the calendar until the administrator approves it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back