This pre-op liquid diet has already sucked all the excitement out of me.

Jen-2

Day 1 is done. I already have a migraine and am obsessing about food. Ugh! These 2 weeks will be harder than I thought.

On the upside...the kids are excited about it and begged to taste them. LOL. DH drank some "in solidarity". And my sister (a RNYer) is texting her encouragement and sympathies. It's great to have so much support. :)

I'm keeping my eye on the prize.

2 weeks liquids, pre-op? I understand the day before, but 2 weeks? I have never had to do a liquid diet, besides the day before. You poor thing, yes keep your eye on the prize.

YOU CAN DO THIS JEN!!! Just remember, as you said, Eyes on the Prize! I know it SUCKS and it’s NOT needed, BUT…as Diana said, no point in arguing it now. My Dr. put as a pre-requisite that I had to lose 14 lbs before the surgery. IF I go in on the day of surgery and I’m not CLOSE to my weight goal, the surgery will be postponed. PLUS I am NOT giving them any ammunition to say they couldn’t do the switch part because I didn’t lose the weight I was told to. So, I got to miss Thanksgiving, all through Xmas, New Years, ALL the Holidays this year. At my last weigh in, I was -12. SO…, because I can’t lose weight unless I go down to 100-200 calories per day, I have essentially already been on a protein shake, and veggies for the last 3 months. BUT…the way I look at this is….this is the last time I will ever have to starve myself for the rest of my life. Also, here is a really big tip for you….gonna sound gross, but, it helps a little. If you see a food you REALLY just got to have, eat it! Hold it in your mouth, savor the flavor, even swallow some of the juices, BUT.....then, spit it out, DON’T swallow, and give it to the dog!!..lol It works, and the dog is happy too :D!!

@revisionDS thanks for the encouragement!

@DianaCox Greenbaum is my surgeon.

@robs477 thanks for the support and tips! I will get through this - I just thought I'd do this without complaining about it but apparently that's not going to be the case. LOL. It's the migraine that's screwing with me. In the past I could sometimes take excedrine migraine medicine and eat a greasy value meal at McDonalds and it would take the worst of the headache away. That's like a siren's call to me right now but I'm not going to do it. I can't believe you've been suffering like this for 3 months. I tip my hat to you. Seriously. Way to go! Your words of encouragement made me smile and gave me a little pep in my step this morning. Thanks for reaching out to someone you've never met. :)

So...the silver lining in day 2 of this misery...I'M DOWN 3.6 POUNDS!!

I'm off to drink my shake. :confused:

If I were in your shoes, I would add one very modest meal of solid food, like about 3 oz. of lean meat and a few veggies. Or something like a Lean Cuisine frozen meal. You'll still "shrink your liver," whatever that is supposed to mean.

The pre-op, and immediate post-op for this surgery suck! Once you get to eat the way you will be eating for the rest of your life, it's pretty great. Remember all those times you thought to yourself, "I will do anything to get this weight off and be healthier"? This is it, it is now.

Good luck!

Well, I was supposed to be on the pre-op liquid diet, except nobody told me until about 4 days before my surgery. He wasn't impressed, but he still operated on me. Wasn't my fault but I don't think he believed me. Oh well. I got the memo the day of my flight, so I had no prep time.

The email told me 'liquid diet' - so that's what I did. I had soup, etc. After my appointment I still had soup. I thought "oh well, it's too late now".

Latest posts

Back