The journey continues

MsVee

I had a revision from RNY to DS with Dr Keshishian in March of 2012.

I have not had the "typical" DS success losing weight. I went for a consultation with Dr Roslin in November and I found him to be very personable and attentive but he stated (similarly to Dr Keshishian) that we have to balance the nutritional issues against weight loss since I have struggled with vitamin and iron malabsorption.

I was overwhelmed with changes at work and eldercare issues and decided to take a step back until after the holidays.

Things are settling down and I am back in the game searching for answers. Please wish me luck.

MsVee

I wish you all the luck getting the answers you need. If I can help you in any way, let me know.

Thank you. Boards like this are so helpful in keeping you focused. This is why I need a fact based board

The DS journey is hard when everything goes right throw in a glitch or two and having access to people who have been through it and can offer suggestions or even recommendations for doctors who may be able to help is priceless.

Sometimes it takes more than one view to accurately paint the picture.

MsVee

Dearest dear Vee, I am standing TALL in your rooting section. You should do everything you can possible to get the advice - both medical and support - you deserve. Please keep updating with anything you need.

I am going to Dr. Simper. He does revisions, if you would like to contact his office, the number is 800 999-9970. I can't tell you anything about his temperament because I won't meet him till Thursday. What I do know is that he is a smart surgeon and a good cutter.

Here is the website: http://www.utahbariatrics.com/

Ms Vee
Sorry you going through this. I understand how frustrating it probably is for you. I hope things get better for you. To have an extensive surgery like RNY to DS revision and the not have the expected results I can only imagine.Hugs

Ms Vee
Sorry you going through this. I understand how frustrating it probably is for you. I hope things get better for you. To have an extensive surgery like RNY to DS revision and the not have the expected results I can only imagine.Hugs
Thanks it is tough. I think the hardest part is wondering if I had the DS first would things gave been different. I will never know so I have got to keep moving forward.

It is also why I think we need to do as much research as possible before making life altering decisions.

MsVee

I'm definitely rooting for you. I can't imagine the frustration you must be feeling, and I wish you had some definite answers. :(

Dearest Vee, my heart goes out to you, because you have been a pillar of strength throughout this process. I know how hurtful it has to be. None of us went into this expecting to be 'skinny', but after what we've gone through with our RNYs, there is a reasonable expectation for a better result, the metabolic reset that eluded us with the gastric bypass, 'level the playing field' and I'm so sorry it hasn't happened for you...yet. You've handled it with amazing grace and I mean that. Please keep us posted, and let us know how we can help. I got your back girl! xo

Last edited:
I had a revision from RNY to DS with Dr Keshishian in March of 2012.

I have not had the "typical" DS success losing weight. I went for a consultation with Dr Roslin in November and I found him to be very personable and attentive but he stated (similarly to Dr Keshishian) that we have to balance the nutritional issues against weight loss since I have struggled with vitamin and iron malabsorption.

I was overwhelmed with changes at work and eldercare issues and decided to take a step back until after the holidays.

Things are settling down and I am back in the game searching for answers. Please wish me luck.

MsVee

***HUGGLES**** I hope you will never feel excluded or marginalized here. Your story is real and important and valuable.

Thanks it is tough. I think the hardest part is wondering if I had the DS first would things gave been different. I will never know so I have got to keep moving forward.

It is also why I think we need to do as much research as possible before making life altering decisions.

MsVee

That is exactly how I feel, Vee. Word for word.

Here's to answers and longer term outcomes that create health and satisfaction with the process.

PS: Meant what I said over there about comparing notes and mutual support... difference is I know I can PM you here! Big hug.

Latest posts

Back