Surgiversary

harrietvane

One year down!

And 45 kg/99 lbs. The day started well with a 1kg loss overnight, seeing me at 73.5kg down from 118.5 this time last year. Eating feels so normal and natural now, vitamins are mostly under control and I can't believe the difference a year makes. To those people who call surgery 'cheating' - why would I have wanted to suffer longer?!

The day ended with me getting dumped by text the day before a long weekend trip to see said dumper, so I'm currently working my way through a very ginny G&T, but still cause to celebrate.

Other highlights: a super cute haircut and wearing a belt for the first time in forever to celebrate.

One year down!

And 45 kg/99 lbs. The day started well with a 1kg loss overnight, seeing me at 73.5kg down from 118.5 this time last year. Eating feels so normal and natural now, vitamins are mostly under control and I can't believe the difference a year makes. To those people who call surgery 'cheating' - why would I have wanted to suffer longer?!

The day ended with me getting dumped by text the day before a long weekend trip to see said dumper, so I'm currently working my way through a very ginny G&T, but still cause to celebrate.

Other highlights: a super cute haircut and wearing a belt for the first time in forever to celebrate.
Happy Surgiversary and congratulations!! You have a lot to celebrate!! (And the dumper obviously didn't deserve you.)

It's his loss! Anyone crass (or cowardly) enough to dump by text isn't worth your time. Happy Surgiversary, congrats on your success, and be well.

One year down!

You've been such an inspiration to me! Happy anniversary to new you. I'd love to see the new hair cut...please? Good riddance to the jerk, now you're open to the better men out there!

Happy Surgiversary!!

I forgot to post mine!! I was February 4th and 100 lbs down. Lots of changes but still much the same!! I still crave and eat too much. Like chocolate. But I pay the price!! I need to regroup and make a plan to go forward. I find vitamins a big pain in the ass. I have to work on fitting them all in. Some days I do better than others. Did I mention I'm 100 lbs down!!!!

Congrats @harrietvane You are and always have been super adorbs! Post a pic of the haircut, please! I need a short 'do to try to blend in my million lengths of regrowing hair.

And way to go @CaraOC Time for a new pic of YOU too!

You both rock!

Congratulations! Sorry about the dumped part though. In the big scheme of things, better to find out now than later.

Happy Surgiversary!!

I forgot to post mine!! I was February 4th and 100 lbs down. Lots of changes but still much the same!! I still crave and eat too much. Like chocolate. But I pay the price!! I need to regroup and make a plan to go forward. I find vitamins a big pain in the ass. I have to work on fitting them all in. Some days I do better than others. Did I mention I'm 100 lbs down!!!!
Cara! Congratulations to you, too! 100 pounds is great! How is your hip feeling now? About those vitamins...am I going to have to fly out to California and poke them down your pretty little mouth one by one? Take them, just do it! Please :)

Congratulations harrietvane! That is great! Thanks for sharing. Please keep us informed on your journey. I can hardly wait till I can get my surgery. I get so nervous about it that sometimes I wonder if I should change my mind. But then I read someone's story, like yours, and I get excited about having surgery.

Happy Surgiversary!!

Congrats! Happy for you too. 100 pounds - wow!

@CaraOC: I was thinking about you too! Congratulations, fellow February DSer! I feel like you - still amazed that I've lost this much so easily in the last year.

And the haircut is just a long-overdue regular one, but still cute. It seems like I'm getting a lot more 'Wow you've lost weight' from people even though the loss in the last two months has been minimal. Something about my face changing, I think...

IMG_3057.jpg

Latest posts

Back