support for Roo

You've been through a helluva lot of stuff that would destroy most people. Think of how far you've come and keep on going. I personally believe in better living through chemistry and therapy. It's what kept me going. All's fair in healing... this is a physical, mental, and emotional endeavor. There might even be a spiritual aspect. Use all the tools you can get your hands on. Never forget we care.

Wounds take a while and YMMV from the next guy's.

But about your hair...ahem...clearing throat...you WERE told that most people have SOME hair loss after anesthesia, right? And that SOME people have enough hair loss that they go really short and try cover-ups and stuff until the new growth comes in? Maybe you could practice cute shit with scarves until you figure out which group you are in or do you know from your previous procedure?

(Not to make you sadder, but to cushion the blow in case something ELSE un-fun happens.)

I think this has cuteness and covers roots:

http://img0.etsystatic.com/019/1/8404802/il_340x270.494733684_9b06.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to try to answer everyone in one post lol, let's see how this goes. :)

Yes it appears I type well...there is a lot of backspacing and editing going on ;) I do have the use of my pinky on my left hand so it is put to use when typing.

Nope, can't have a shower chair. My bathtub is too narrow (for a stool that would hold me) and mikes shower is a tiny cubical. I have a 5 minute shower completely mastered. It comes from when I was at my highest. Get in, wet hair, add shampoo, wash body with body wash, rinse hair, add conditioner, rinse body then hair. I have done all of that before a 5 minute song was over. It's a talent!

And yes, I knew I could go bald...it was one of the things I actually planned on happening! I have a buzz cut all around except for a little on the top to frame my face....it's the grey streak I'm bot best pleased with, but don't really need it done for another week. Maybe I will feel stronger by then?

The sun is out today and it is glorious!!! Going to ask/tell the hubz I wanna take a long drive....shades on, feeling normal for a while :) The bright sun is the best anti depressant!

ok today I feel fantastic! The Cali girl in me thirsts for sunshine so I am in top form when it actually comes :)

I've got Weezer blasting and I'm happily singing along :) Life is ok and it will all work out somehow.

Going to shower soon, which means going BACK up the stairs...but mobilising is good for the healing...or so I hear :)

Then for a drive...well, a ride....with gimp hand I don't trust myself to drive quite yet. But yay for feeling hopeful! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow too!!! Man I miss the Bay Area...even Boise was much sunnier than England!

I'm glad you are having some ups with the downs! keep posting, we do care.

if-there-are-no-ups-and-downs-in-your-life_thumb.jpg

I went out today :) Didn't do much but rode around for an hour or so with the windows down, the music up and the mutt in the back :) Hubz drove as I dont trust gimpy hand yet :)

But.....LOOK AT MAH FACE!!!!!!!

1975253_10151953464742676_1789270513_n_zpse84c7e2d.jpg

Oh yeah. I took my piercings out as part of "a new chapter". I do miss them, but it is easier to put on lippy without them lol.

ps- how do I get rid of the brown patch by my neck? It's from tape from a central line whilst I was asleep...it's not sticky residue...it's like its stained and peeling!

haha I have a streak...on my usual part...so I did my hair a bit different and it was also pushed up by shades :) I enjoyed the heck out of today :) When I came down with my hair and makeup done, mike said, hey I recognise you ;)

I'm agreeing with the above ladies, I would (and did) go back on the antidepressants. I was so miserable in the beginning, feeling so worn out yet not being able to sleep, plus so many tummy troubles and the wacked out hormones, I was a mess. And I didn't have the complications you're dealing with.

Now that I think about it, has anyone heard from @ProteinSnob ? She had similar struggles and maybe she can give some insight about the light at the end of the tunnel?
Present! :) Roo, I haven't visited here in a while and I'm trying to catch up. I've been through a lot of what I think you are talking about (at least what I'm seeing so far). Any time you need a listening ear, please pm me or something. Maybe I can help? Or at least listen? So glad you are still with us, chica.

haha I have a streak...on my usual part...so I did my hair a bit different and it was also pushed up by shades :) I enjoyed the heck out of today :) When I came down with my hair and makeup done, mike said, hey I recognise you ;)
Ya know, when I used to fuss about having my hair colored every 8 weeks, my stylist thought I was being a bit obsessive and told me to use a sharpie or mascara to cover the few greys that were annoying me in between colorings.

Latest posts

Back