Sunday Weigh In (8/9/2015)

That 140-142 range seems to be your happy place Liz.

As far as me, well I am not sure why but I gained 3 or 4 pounds this week. I guess this is a good sign as I am hoping it means when I am revised that I will be able to absorb properly without CREON (please, please, please).

183 today - I woke up and was 184.5 but I had a large BM so it dropped to 183. I typically wake up, go to the bathroom and then weigh myself so the 183 weight is in line with normal measurement protocol so that is the weight that is relevant for trend analysis (that didn't sound to nerdy did it :D)

LW: 232.8
TW: 229.8

I'm finally feeling like I have enough energy to add in some exercise. Feeling human again!

As far as me, well I am not sure why but I gained 3 or 4 pounds this week. I guess this is a good sign as I am hoping it means when I am revised that I will be able to absorb properly without CREON (please, please, please).

Glad to hear the scale is moving up for you, @DSRIGGS. Hope it is a sign of good things to come post-op.

LW: 124
TW: 122

Upped the fat and protein and down 2 pounds. I really need to hydrate more consistently I just do not get in enough water.

Have a great week all

Whit

LW 278
TW 271
SW 355

Big whoosh this week after last week when I was swollen after a trip away.

LW 278
TW 271
SW 355

Nice.

As you have probably noticed the weight comes off in chunks at times, and other times not at all. This is why I tell people who are still in the primary weight loss period not to worry if they stayed put or maybe only lost a pound or two for a week or three........the next time you hop on the scale you notice you are 5 or 10 pounds lighter. In the end it all averages out.

I'm finally feeling like I have enough energy to add in some exercise. Feeling human again!

Glad to hear the scale is moving up for you, @DSRIGGS. Hope it is a sign of good things to come post-op.
good news pacifica and thanks. I would be careful about adding too much exercise at this point. Your body is still under major stress with all the weight loss going on.

That 140-142 range seems to be your happy place Liz.

183 today - I woke up and was 184.5 but I had a large BM so it dropped to 183. I typically wake up, go to the bathroom and then weigh myself so the 183 weight is in line with normal measurement protocol so that is the weight that is relevant for trend analysis (that didn't sound to nerdy did it :D)

Glad you are at least staying put. And no, not too nerdy!

I just wish my happy place was about 5 lbs lower.

Good for you. Make sure you are cleared with your surgeon for any serious exercise. Walking is good tho, altho it's still too hot/humid to walk outside.
LW: 124
TW: 122

Upped the fat and protein and down 2 pounds. I really need to hydrate more consistently I just do not get in enough water.

Have a great week all

Whit
Good for you, Whit...NOW HYDRATE!!!!
LW 278
TW 271
SW 355

That is GREAT. Sorry you were swollen after your trip.

LW: 283
TW: 283

I'm not worried (yet) that I didn't lose anything this week. I'm not doing anything different. I need to add exercise, though.

LW: 283
TW: 283

I'm not worried (yet) that I didn't lose anything this week. I'm not doing anything different. I need to add exercise, though.
Sorry you stayed put but glad you stayed put.
Okay, 2 things...it is possible your body is just catching it's breath. It's also possible you may not be eating enough protein/fat at this point.

LW 126
TW 126

Boring but satisfied. Still consistent with my strength training 4-5 days a week and actually look forward to it. Makes me feel good. NEVER thought I would say that!
Have a great week!

LW 126
TW 126

Boring but satisfied. Still consistent with my strength training 4-5 days a week and actually look forward to it. Makes me feel good. NEVER thought I would say that!
Have a great week!
You are doing great. Glad you are enjoying your strength training.

I hear you Liz on the happy place, but you look good in the last pics I saw.

not going to lie, I am a bit fearful that if I start absorbing "properly" that I am going to go up to a weight/feel I am not happy with, and that I won't have the carb freedom that I seem to have now that others don't seem to have. That being said, I also want my energy back so I can start exercising/hitting the weight machines....that way I can control my weight and body with more than just diet.

Two weeks ago, before my trip to Ireland where I ate pub food everyday, including fish and chips 3 times, I weighed: 147.6 pounds
today I weigh: 151.8 pounds for a gain of 4.2 pounds. I am irritated but, not overly concerned. I had been working Atkins induction hard before we left and I had dropped 6 pounds. I am sure most of that was water weight and I am getting back on Atkins tomorrow.

Two weeks ago, before my trip to Ireland where I ate pub food everyday, including fish and chips 3 times, I weighed: 147.6 pounds
today I weigh: 151.8 pounds for a gain of 4.2 pounds. I am irritated but, not overly concerned. I had been working Atkins induction hard before we left and I had dropped 6 pounds. I am sure most of that was water weight and I am getting back on Atkins tomorrow.
Sorry you gained while on your trip but getting back on Atkins should help you. Hope you enjoyed Ireland. It's on my bucket list of places to visit.

Latest posts

Back