Sunday Weigh In (8/23/2015)

LW vacation and the week before that.
So the week before that I was 153
TW 156
So I gained 3 lbs on vacation.
Too many fruity alcoholic drinks. My eating was actually very good.

On another note...since taking the round of Xifaxan, I feel sooo much better. The daily bloating is gone and so is the constipation mostly. I've not taken any miralax, powdered magnesium, laxatives or stool softeners at all since about the 2nd or 3rd day into the Xifaxan.

And on yet another note, on the 28th I'll be 9 months out. Had my blood drawn the other day and everything is looking good. Still waiting on the A and K but assuming those are ok, no tweaking of my vitamins will be necessary. I'm pretty pleased about that.

@DSRIGGS im glad you're on the mend! Hopefully very soon you and Dianna can spend a little time just relaxing and enjoying each other's company without all the added extra stress of health issues.

To everyone who has seen a bit of a rise on the scale...let's hope next weeks thread will be the opposite!!

Have a great week everybody.

Going down, less than 20 to my initial goal then a few more for vanity!

Congratulations. I'm in the same area. Close to my goal but really want to get to the vanity mark so if more like when bounce back happens I'll still be ok

Well no change. 145 last week. 145 this week. I'm ok with that. As long as I'm not going the opposite directions. A bit tired of playing the bounce around from 141 to 150. But ya got to do what you got to do...

Last week 167 (2 pounds below my happy range)
This week 174 (3 pounds over said happy range)
Blargh!
At least I got through the first week of school :D
Glad you survived the first week. As to the weight, you'll get back down once your schedule settles some.
LW: 229
TW: 226

The scale! It moves! :p Thanks for the tips last week @southernlady. Fat and protein intake are up a bit now.

Sorry about the blargh, but congrats on week 1 down.
So glad it moved for you! Awesome
LW vacation and the week before that.
So the week before that I was 153
TW 156
So I gained 3 lbs on vacation.
Too many fruity alcoholic drinks. My eating was actually very good.

On another note...since taking the round of Xifaxan, I feel sooo much better. The daily bloating is gone and so is the constipation mostly. I've not taken any miralax, powdered magnesium, laxatives or stool softeners at all since about the 2nd or 3rd day into the Xifaxan.

And on yet another note, on the 28th I'll be 9 months out. Had my blood drawn the other day and everything is looking good. Still waiting on the A and K but assuming those are ok, no tweaking of my vitamins will be necessary. I'm pretty pleased about that.

@DSRIGGS im glad you're on the mend! Hopefully very soon you and Dianna can spend a little time just relaxing and enjoying each other's company without all the added extra stress of health issues.

To everyone who has seen a bit of a rise on the scale...let's hope next weeks thread will be the opposite!!

Have a great week everybody.
So glad your new med is working so well. Sorry you gained but I suspect you totally enjoyed your vacation.
Well no change. 145 last week. 145 this week. I'm ok with that. As long as I'm not going the opposite directions. A bit tired of playing the bounce around from 141 to 150. But ya got to do what you got to do...
Sorry you got the bounce around. But you are still doing so well.

Okay so I finally hopped on the scale this morning and I am 178. Dr K did say to expect to lose weight for a while longer and in a few months it might be headed the right direction.

I am really hurting today and had my incision bleed on me numerous times. The area around the incision line is very hard, poofy/swollen and sore. Oh well, hopefully that gets better soon.

Okay so I finally hopped on the scale this morning and I am 178. Dr K did say to expect to lose weight for a while longer and in a few months it might be headed the right direction.

I am really hurting today and had my incision bleed on me numerous times. The area around the incision line is very hard, poofy/swollen and sore. Oh well, hopefully that gets better soon.
BE careful....best way to absorb gunk from an incision is a woman's maxi pad. Sorry you are hurting.

BE careful....best way to absorb gunk from an incision is a woman's maxi pad. Sorry you are hurting.
Thanks Liz. I am keeping an eye on it.

Dr K says it sounds like I have a fluid build up in the incision region. If it gets bigger it will need drained, but it should drain itself with time. I feel a lot better after a hot shower this afternoon, so we shall see how it goes the rest of the day and night.

This recovery has been a lot more difficult than I expected but overall still going well.

That ALWAYS makes me feel better! Just keep sipping, walking, resting!
yep I am drinking a lot and cruising around the house.....no nap today but nothing taxing either.....slept until 9:30 this morning and that never happens so that was nice.

I am dealing with the added stress of not knowing if I have a job or not. My division of Caterpillar (CSS - Customer Services Support) announced yesterday 450 layoffs and 350 are management from the Peoria area. My boss was not aware of how this impacts us when I spoke to him this morning but was trying to find out as well as if he can let me know my status if he finds out, since I am out on medical. That always makes a guy feel better.

LOL

I am dealing with the added stress of not knowing if I have a job or not. My division of Caterpillar (CSS - Customer Services Support) announced yesterday 450 layoffs and 350 are management from the Peoria area. My boss was not aware of how this impacts us when I spoke to him this morning but was trying to find out as well as if he can let me know my status if he finds out, since I am out on medical. That always makes a guy feel better.
Oh no, Scott....I hope you find out. That kind of stress is killer. Crossing toes and swinging chickens for you!

Lay back REST STOP DOING SO MUCH!

Oh no, Scott....I hope you find out. That kind of stress is killer. Crossing toes and swinging chickens for you!
Thanks Liz. I want to know one way or the other and now, but I have a feeling it will be until I get back to work before they will notify me.

Latest posts

Back