Sunday Weigh In (8/23/2015)

Lay back REST STOP DOING SO MUCH!
LOL Mom. I appreciate the sentiment but I really am not doing anything at all. Haven't left the house and my biggest activity today was making some eggs and toast fot breakfast, and feeding/taking the dogs out in the morning. Other than that I took a shower. The rest of the day has been on my backside lounging.

LOL ladies, you are cracking me up this morning.

As far as me, well I have no idea where my weight is at today relative to last week.

I do know that Dr K said I should expect to lose more weight for a while before I start going the other direction. Doc said, he thought that eventually I should settle in around 200 lbs. That being said, with a revision he just doesn't know exactly how I will react. With a virgin DS he knows that if he does the 10%/40 CC/AL to Total SB length then he knows what weight should be expected, but with a revision it really is a bit of a guess. That is why he added 25 CM to the Common Channel and 75 CM to the Alimentary Limb. As we discussed he would rather have me end up a little heavy than too light. Again for me the weight means nothing and it is simply a proxy of overall health.

In any case, I am feeling very humbled and thankful today. Not to be a whiner, but Dianna and I really do need a break in our lives. It has been so very hard with Cameron the last five years and me the last several as well. Dianna has been a trooper but this has been very hard on our marriage. We so want to get to a normal life and only have to worry about normal stuff not the stuff we have to deal with. Our brains and psyche are simply toast.

Anyway.....enough whining...

Good luck to the rest of you.

I wish my surgeon was so scientific in figuring all this out for his patients.

I wish my surgeon was so scientific in figuring all this out for his patients.
Who is your surgeon? When is your date? What is his/her plan?

You have a right to ask what length your CC & AL will be and if he/she measures the total small bowel length. Frankly if they can't/won't answer you then I would seriously question whether or not I would allow them to do a DS on me.

I learned the hard way, but as Dr K told me numerous times, "you are the customer and have the right to answers to your questions and it is my job provide the information you need to fully understand what will happen and to be confident with your decision".

Lol! It's all relative, I guess. For me, 143 would be wonderful, especially since the last time I weighed that was probably 5th grade! You'll get there!
Thing is, for me in MAINTENANCE, it's different. I actually got to a low of 121 for 10 seconds before heading back up with bounceback. My preferred range is 135-140 cause I am 5'4" and feel best at that weight. Above 140 and I start to feel uncomfortable again, My weight still is in the middle and when my pants get tight, it's a killer. So going up at my point in my journey is NOT good.

Latest posts

Back