Sunday Weigh In (6/21/2015)

LW: 119
TW: 119
I spent the weekend in San Diego (where I lived the first 33 years of my life) the place I consider home. It was great to see friends. Eating was not the best as in not enough.

On the way to the airport this morning unsuccessfully looking for a place for breakfast on Yelp, I suddenly remembered a spot I had not been to in five years it had been frequented by my parents while they were alive. Coincidentally it was an exit away.

So we pull of and the owner Judy gives me a look of recognition. Not quite sure who I am. I say "I'm Whitney, Joanna and Bobs Daughter" She hugs me, seats us, and says she will be right back. Out she comes with a framed picture of my Dad. I cried she cried Steve my Husband cried. So I at breakfast with my Dad this morning. This is him kissing the Blarney Stone in 1995. He directed me there. I know it.

If you are ever in San Diego please visit The Big Kitchen. Good Food Great People.
http://www.bigkitchencafe.com/

10858625_10206951351013101_2301110233467944022_n.jpg

LW 156.7
TW 156.2
I was bouncing around between 157-159 all week so to be back to 156 is a good thing.
I'm really so over this constant constipation. I think my bowels just don't work very well. Maybe I have sluggish bowels or very low motility.
It had gotten better for a bit when I changed my calcium type, but that didn't last very long.
Last week I skipped my iron for several days to see if that might help. Nope.
Skipped my calcium for a few days...that didn't help either.
Friday I was helping my niece make cupcakes for her daughters birthday party and I had a cupcake. I also licked the batter bowl. My tummy blew up and got very gassy. But the next morning I went a lot. Like more than the whole week prior combined. That's NOT an answer though to my problem.
At the beginning of last week I was so miserable I took like 12 colace (I usually take 8 per day) and then that night I took 5 dulcolax. Didn't do much. The next night took 5 more dulcolax. Still didn't do much. The next morning I did a saltwater flush and that evening I drank another one. Finally felt somewhat better. This is ridiculous.
I have cut back (not intentionally) on my fat intake the past few weeks.
My hubby keeps telling me to add fiber. I'm scared that's just going to make it worse.
I have an ass backwards DS....:(

This is the same DS that I have! I blow up with gas about 4 times per week, never with much of a poop. It ranges from horribly uncomfortable to excruciating. I am waiting for it to subside now so that I can go to bed. I am admittedly having too many carbs lately. I have to rein that in. I have taken fiber for a long time, months and months, it never made it worse. I just didn't want to have a bunch of small bowel movements throughout the day, one or two bigger ones would be nice.

Last edited:
LW 156.7
TW 156.2
I was bouncing around between 157-159 all week so to be back to 156 is a good thing.
I'm really so over this constant constipation. I think my bowels just don't work very well. Maybe I have sluggish bowels or very low motility.
It had gotten better for a bit when I changed my calcium type, but that didn't last very long.
Last week I skipped my iron for several days to see if that might help. Nope.
Skipped my calcium for a few days...that didn't help either.
Friday I was helping my niece make cupcakes for her daughters birthday party and I had a cupcake. I also licked the batter bowl. My tummy blew up and got very gassy. But the next morning I went a lot. Like more than the whole week prior combined. That's NOT an answer though to my problem.
At the beginning of last week I was so miserable I took like 12 colace (I usually take 8 per day) and then that night I took 5 dulcolax. Didn't do much. The next night took 5 more dulcolax. Still didn't do much. The next morning I did a saltwater flush and that evening I drank another one. Finally felt somewhat better. This is ridiculous.
I have cut back (not intentionally) on my fat intake the past few weeks.
My hubby keeps telling me to add fiber. I'm scared that's just going to make it worse.
I have an ass backwards DS....:(
Sorry to hear of your constipation issues Star. Curious...did you take Colace or PERI COLACE? The latter has a stimulant laxative, while the former is a non addictive surfactant stool softener. How's your fluid intake also? I know you know a dry gut is a sluggish gut! I had to change from Calcium pills to a liquid form because of horrific constipation...and I mean a fist sized rock of stool forming in my rectum that I couldn't pass. Incredibly painful! And it happened at work no less....horrible. Anyhoo...I really hope ya feel better soon!
:bathroom knocker:

I spent the weekend in San Diego (where I lived the first 33 years of my life) the place I consider home. It was great to see friends. Eating was not the best as in not enough.

On the way to the airport this morning unsuccessfully looking for a place for breakfast on Yelp, I suddenly remembered a spot I had not been to in five years it had been frequented by my parents while they were alive. Coincidentally it was an exit away.

So we pull of and the owner Judy gives me a look of recognition. Not quite sure who I am. I say "I'm Whitney, Joanna and Bobs Daughter" She hugs me, seats us, and says she will be right back. Out she comes with a framed picture of my Dad. I cried she cried Steve my Husband cried. So I at breakfast with my Dad this morning. This is him kissing the Blarney Stone in 1995. He directed me there. I know it.

If you are ever in San Diego please visit The Big Kitchen. Good Food Great People.

View attachment 640
That is so awesome Whit.

This is the same DS that I have! I blow up with gas about 4 times per week, never with much of a poop. It ranges from horribly uncomfortable to excruciating. I am waiting for it to subside now so that I can go to bed. I am admittedly having too many carbs lately. I have to reign that in. I have taken fiber for a long time, months and months, it never made it worse. I just didn't want to have a bunch of small bowel movements throughout the day, one or two bigger ones would be nice.
I prefer the looser bm as the more solid one make me feel terribly bloated and feel like things get stuck on exit.
It is a balance for me and not easy always, especially with this damn fissure that won't go away. I am pretty sure surgery is in my relatively near future.

Starting weight: 351.3
LW: 300.4 (this was on Wednesday)
TW: 297.7

I usually weigh on Wednesdays, but I had a really good week and weighed today and dammit, I am below 300. I really wanted to brag about that.
CONGRATS on breaking 300!!! You are doing fantastic!
I'm the same. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
And that is not a bad place to be.

View attachment 640
Oh wow, Whit...that is so awesome that you had breakfast with your dad...good on maintaining, :)

I prefer the looser bm as the more solid one make me feel terribly bloated and feel like things get stuck on exit.
It is a balance for me and not easy always, especially with this damn fissure that won't go away. I am pretty sure surgery is in my relatively near future.

I try to keep mine as soft as possible. I hate to poop bricks! I hope you can avoid further surgery but, it doesn't seem like that is what is going to happen.

I am going to go as low on carbs as possible today. I want to see if it makes a big difference. Last night was really bad, I didn't get to bed till almost 4:00 a.m., ouchy! I am not super stinky so, I doubt it is a bacterial overgrowth. I will experiment with eliminating some bad foods that I have been eating lately, like candy and chips!

Sorry to hear of your constipation issues Star. Curious...did you take Colace or PERI COLACE? The latter has a stimulant laxative, while the former is a non addictive surfactant stool softener. How's your fluid intake also? I know you know a dry gut is a sluggish gut! I had to change from Calcium pills to a liquid form because of horrific constipation...and I mean a fist sized rock of stool forming in my rectum that I couldn't pass. Incredibly painful! And it happened at work no less....horrible. Anyhoo...I really hope ya feel better soon!
:bathroom knocker:

I take colace stool softener daily...not laxative. I take dulcolax laxatives when it gets so bad that I gave to do something. Maybe once a week or every two weeks.
I drink lots of fluids...I don't think it's that.
Thanks!
I made an appt with the NP at my PCP's office. My PCP is booked u till he end of July. I've never seen her NP before..but someone is better than no one.

Last week 171
This week 170
Sounds good to me!
@star0210 are you eating fat bombs and/or fruit and veggies? Some make me have to run to the potty within a couple of hours, namely watermelon, field greens, spinach and black beans. Things with soluble fiber do that as well, like chia & flax seeds.
@Whit I love that story!
Have a great week everyone else :D

Last week 171
This week 170
Sounds good to me!
@star0210 are you eating fat bombs and/or fruit and veggies? Some make me have to run to the potty within a couple of hours, namely watermelon, field greens, spinach and black beans. Things with soluble fiber do that as well, like chia & flax seeds.
@Whit I love that story!
Have a great week everyone else :D
Good for you!!!

Latest posts

Back