Sunday Weigh In (10/23/2016)

LW 171.0
TW 167.6

Big loss this week after several weeks in the same place - no rhyme or reason to it but I'll take it! All the sudden, friends and family are starting say I'm too skinny - even though I'm still 20+pounds from 'normal' BMI - which is weird. I suppose it will be this way until the current gaunt-flabby look evens out and (hopefully) evolves into looking both 'normal' and healthy! Focusing on movement and strength in coming weeks now that I finally took the plunge and joined the gym/pool. Got my exercise clothes and swimsuit packed in the car so I have no excuses after work tomorrow :)

Also loving the Fall weather! My favorite time of year. Bought a couple of cozy sweaters and a pair of boots so I'm ready!

Have a great week everyone!

:8 1 213:
Hi Friends,
Well I fell walking my dogs on Thursday. I slipped in a puddle and almost regained my balance but my scared pups darted between my legs and down I went. I broke the Two bones in my wrist. It hurts.

So with that said...

LW: 134.5
TW: 134.5

I go to orthopedic surgeon the on Tuesday for a cast.

Have a great week all take care and watch your step!

@southernlady we need an emoji with a cast or bandages!
Best

Hi Friends,
Well I fell walking my dogs on Thursday. I slipped in a puddle and almost regained my balance but my scared pups darted between my legs and down I went. I broke the Two bones in my wrist. It hurts.

So with that said...

Best
Oh no! That's not fun. Feel better soon!
Hi Friends,

So with that said...

Best
Oh no - that's not fun. Feel better soon, Whit!

image.jpeg View attachment 1225
LW 125
TW 127

Mission accomplished! Had a great time at Disneyland! Wore those grandkids out and the scooter made all the difference for me! Of course churros, Dole Whip and other various 'treats' did not help my weight numbers, but I know what to do to bump it back down :).

Sorry about your wrist, @Whit Ouch!

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

Oh, sorry, feel better soon.

Same for weeeks and weeeeeks and weeeeeeeks.

Hang in there, it will happen.

Last week. 184.5
This week. 179.5

I'm speechless! Also very thankful.

Yay!

Anyhooooo....

Had a good week, after a big drop last week.

LW 220
TW 217

And the NSV's continue (and love them as much as the scale victories)

- Walked 5 miles 3 times this week and did not feel sore afterwards.
- Can sit on the floor with my legs stretched open touch my nose to my knee like this.
aid1857034-900px-Do-a-Cheerleading-Toe-Touch-Step-1.jpg

- I live on a step hill in San Francisco - it's the steepest street in the Northern Hemisphere. I walked up this hill with out needing to stop - though still got winded.
SF_Filbert_St_North_Beach_CA-e.jpg

Last edited:
LW 171.0
TW 167.6

Big loss this week after several weeks in the same place - no rhyme or reason to it but I'll take it! All the sudden, friends and family are starting say I'm too skinny - even though I'm still 20+pounds from 'normal' BMI - which is weird. I suppose it will be this way until the current gaunt-flabby look evens out and (hopefully) evolves into looking both 'normal' and healthy! Focusing on movement and strength in coming weeks now that I finally took the plunge and joined the gym/pool. Got my exercise clothes and swimsuit packed in the car so I have no excuses after work tomorrow :)

Also loving the Fall weather! My favorite time of year. Bought a couple of cozy sweaters and a pair of boots so I'm ready!

Good for you. Yeah, ignore them for now. Only worry if strangers or your doctor mention you getting too skinny.
Hi Friends,

So with that said...

Best
OH NO!!!! I hope it's not your dominate side. Good on the weight. As far as the emoji...if you happen to find one, I will see if I can add it.
View attachment 1226 View attachment 1225
LW 125
TW 127

Mission accomplished! Had a great time at Disneyland! Wore those grandkids out and the scooter made all the difference for me! Of course churros, Dole Whip and other various 'treats' did not help my weight numbers, but I know what to do to bump it back down :).

Glad you had a good time at Disneyland. And wearing out the grands can be an effort! Good for you.

Same for weeeks and weeeeeks and weeeeeeeks.
And that isn't such a bad thing.
Last week. 184.5
This week. 179.5

I'm speechless! Also very thankful.
WTG. Playing in a new decade now.

Yay!

Anyhooooo....

LW 220
TW 217

- Can sit on the floor with my legs stretched open touch my nose to my knee like this.

- I live on a step hill in San Francisco - it's the steepest street in the Northern Hemisphere. I walked up this hill with out needing to stop - though still got winded.

Love your NSV's! And the weight isn't bad either. :)

Hi Friends,

So with that said...

Best
Oh, no, Whit! I would imagine wrist breaks ARE painful. Good healing to you.

View attachment 1226 View attachment 1225
LW 125
TW 127

I'm so happy to hear your trip went well and you zipped around like a pro. Wearing out grandkids is quite a feat and makes for good, sound sleeping nights! I also hope your hip/leg/foot stuff keeps on improving.

Yay!

Anyhooooo....

LW 220
TW 217

Wow, you're doing so great. I'm going to have to try that move with the nose to the knee! :)

LW 171.0
TW 167.6

Good for you! Friends and family are always griping about something, aren't they? LOL I need to focus on strength training, too, I think. Wish I had a gym buddy (if I belonged to a gym).

Good for you! Friends and family are always griping about something, aren't they? LOL I need to focus on strength training, too, I think. Wish I had a gym buddy (if I belonged to a gym).
Always! I know they mean well. Would love a gym buddy! Too bad you're so far away~ I got lucky with the gym. My office is part of a campus of several buildings including a hotel/conference center which has a newly renovated gym and a saltwater pool. There is a special employee rate of $25/mo, half of which I get back from the company's wellness program if I go at least twice per week. Its a great deal and I really have no excuse for not going since it's literally 2 minutes walk from my office. Good luck with your strength training.

Yay!

Anyhooooo....

LW 220
TW 217

Sacramento?
I worked on California and hated driving up Sac. The roll back was terrifying!

Latest posts

Back