Sunday Weigh In (10/23/2016)

I was 171 day before surgery. Not sure where I am with my weight today.

You'll get home soon enough. At least your surgery is over, NOW HEAL!
I am trying but today was awful. I haven't pooped since leaving the hospital and didn't pass any gas today from 7 am to about an hour ago. Terrible pain in left side by incision and my left kidney area. Thankfully I finally started ripping an hour ago. I can't tell you how much relief. Now the next step is to start pooping again. Naturally Dr k isn't worried and is like, meh you will go when you go and you may have a new normal. Of course he just says that to keep me calm and if it got bad he would be on it quickly so no worries by me. I am hoping that since I broke the gas seal the poop seal shall be broken soon as well.

As you can imagine when I have pain in that left side area where he was going to take the colon but instead found the colon wrapped up an adhesion that was causing issues and just cut it free. ..I still worry that the redundant colon that is still there could still be getting twisted. So hopefully this gets cleaned out quickly so we can make sure it is all good before I fly home. Naturally keeping my colon was awesome news but I still have that fear that it could be a problem even though he did some major clean up. Hopefully I am just over thinking it.

Naturally Dr k isn't worried and is like, meh you will go when you go and you may have a new normal. Of course he just says that to keep me calm and if it got bad he would be on it quickly so no worries by me. I am hoping that since I broke the gas seal the poop seal shall be broken soon as well.
He has a point...if he was worried, he would be doing something.

Remember, you had your colon manipulated AGAIN. And every time that happens, it gets pissy! Also pain meds can and WILL cause constipation. Just keep drinking fluids and is a stool softener an option? That might help. I remember when I had my last back surgery, I was in SEVERE pain from constipation. So much pain that a suppository and stool softeners did NOTHING. I had to finally have an enema to get things moving again. But once I did, it was fine.

He has a point...if he was worried, he would be doing something.

Remember, you had your colon manipulated AGAIN. And every time that happens, it gets pissy! Also pain meds can and WILL cause constipation. Just keep drinking fluids and is a stool softener an option? That might help. I remember when I had my last back surgery, I was in SEVERE pain from constipation. So much pain that a suppository and stool softeners did NOTHING. I had to finally have an enema to get things moving again. But once I did, it was fine.
Yeah no doubt my colon doesn't like me.

I did three stool softeners yesterday and just did a suppository. A little action but no relief yet because the lion's share is still left in theRe but I am hoping the rest folows soon.

Pooping has comnenced again thanks. Hopefully things are back to relative normal. I am fearful that even after getting rid of the adhesion wrapped around my colon pulling it up and causing it to flip/twist that my still redundant colon will get stuff trapped. I want to get further out from this surgery and anesthesia effects before I claim victory.

Latest posts

Back