Sunday Weigh In (1/15/2017)

I definitely have felt this way. You know what the statistics say, but every other diet and WLS has let you down so you don't *really* believe that this time will be different and sit around waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm hoping that as I reach closer to my goal and maintain, this type of thinking will start to fade.

Let's hope so -- for all of us!

I can totally relate to this. I actually had a couple of pound gain last week, which was likely just water retention or the fact that I hadn't had a decent BM. I never told my husband, best friend or even anyone on this board but deep down I was super worried that this was the rebound. Sure, I've lost a lot- but I'm still a size 12-14, 200# woman and I'm working my butt off to hopefully lose another 30-50lbs.... I think the fear coming on that suddenly may be irrational, but that doesn't make it less real or scary.

You can do it!

I can totally relate to this. I actually had a couple of pound gain last week, which was likely just water retention or the fact that I hadn't had a decent BM. I never told my husband, best friend or even anyone on this board but deep down I was super worried that this was the rebound. Sure, I've lost a lot- but I'm still a size 12-14, 200# woman and I'm working my butt off to hopefully lose another 30-50lbs.... I think the fear coming on that suddenly may be irrational, but that doesn't make it less real or scary.

You can do it!

HW 378
SW 325.5
LW 241.6
TW 231.4 (holy moly!! 5 months out and a 10 pound loss... Unbelievable!!!)

Hi guys. Sorry I've been gone for such a long time. I'm totally loving my DS. I was very nervous pre-op about the amount of vitamins required for DSers. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it'd be.

Next month will be my first set of labs since surgery. I'm not sure how to read them.

Yep, I just think being comfortable in my body and be able to cross my legs in a job interview - which I had last week is awesome!
Good luck with the job prospect!
SW 257
LW 192
TW 190

As I lose more weight, I find myself weighing every day (or a couple times a day) and becoming scale obsessed. I had three weeks where the numbers on the scale did not move. I started thinking the weight loss has stopped and now I am going to begin the regain (just like always). So, I weigh myself and wait for the regain to show on the scale. It does not make sense intellectually, it is just a terrible fear based on diet and RNY numbers history.
Good going on the weight loss.

BTDT have the tshirt!
Realizing that this works where every other method we tried in the past is one of the hardest hurdles. After all, no other one has. Why should this one be any different. But the bottom line is that it is different. The long term vets here prove it. And there ain't a single one of us who eats perfectly 100% of the time and yet have discovered that with the DS, we CAN be human and eat food that is not the best for us sometimes and still succeed.
Last week 165
This week 164
Good going
HW 378
SW 325.5
LW 241.6

Hi guys. Sorry I've been gone for such a long time. I'm totally loving my DS. I was very nervous pre-op about the amount of vitamins required for DSers. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it'd be.

Next month will be my first set of labs since surgery. I'm not sure how to read them.
Fantastic!

As far as lab work, if you post your number along with the lab range, we can help. Mostly you want PTH and B6 low normal, most everything else mid to high normal (some other exceptions related to functions instead of vitamins), D can be very high normal and B12 over normal.

HW 378
SW 325.5
LW 241.6

I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed your videos on youtube. And I'm so excited for you (and everyone here) for your weight loss. Oneland is not that far away. :)

Good luck with the job prospect!

Good going on the weight loss.

BTDT have the tshirt!
Realizing that this works where every other method we tried in the past is one of the hardest hurdles. After all, no other one has. Why should this one be any different. But the bottom line is that it is different. The long term vets here prove it. And there ain't a single one of us who eats perfectly 100% of the time and yet have discovered that with the DS, we CAN be human and eat food that is not the best for us sometimes and still succeed.

Good going

Fantastic!

As far as lab work, if you post your number along with the lab range, we can help. Mostly you want PTH and B6 low normal, most everything else mid to high normal (some other exceptions related to functions instead of vitamins), D can be very high normal and B12 over normal.
Thank you!! I'll definitely come here once I have the reports.

I was 175 the other day when I weighed. My bowels have been kind of mess this last week so my weight fluctuates because it. I have been around the 170 mark for the last few months, so we shall see if my five pounds is poop or real.

I was 175 the other day when I weighed. My bowels have been kind of mess this last week so my weight fluctuates because it. I have been around the 170 mark for the last few months, so we shall see if my five pounds is poop or real.
Sounds like your weight is pretty stable. Now to get the rest of you fixed.

Latest posts

Back