Something else?

Has your copper level been checked? My brother also had anemia that no one could figure out, including the hematologist, had the bone marrow biopsy (which was negative) and it turned out low copper level can cause a form of anemia. Even the hematologist didn't know this. Once he started supplementing copper and got his level back up to normal, his anemia resolved.
Check your zinc level too, in you haven't already, because elevated zinc can lead to low copper, which in turn leads to anemia.

Is there any chance you are just an attention whore?

That would be safer.

Yes, @Spiky Bugger I do love attention. And yes I could be an attention whore When it comes to posting pictures but I don't need any attention bad enough to do something that causes pain.... I already gave you guys my disclaimer that I Do NOT HAVE MUNCHAUSEN DISEASE.

Has your copper level been checked? My brother also had anemia that no one could figure out, including the hematologist, had the bone marrow biopsy (which was negative) and it turned out low copper level can cause a form of anemia. Even the hematologist didn't know this. Once he started supplementing copper and got his level back up to normal, his anemia resolved.
Check your zinc level too, in you haven't already, because elevated zinc can lead to low copper, which in turn leads to anemia.

No none of the non Normal things have been checked since the last time I had surgery with DR. K in September . I Actually would of had it done if I had made my dr appointment with Dr.K on March 18. So I guess I will ask for him to send me a yearly lab slip.

Like I said earlier I have been in the hospital too frequently to have cancer and no one has caught it in the last 3 years. I'm sure it could happen but that would look very bad on the doctors and hospitals

You are due to have a very healthy, uneventful year. This is not acceptable. When are the guys with the hidden cameras going to pop out and tell you this you've been punk'd??!

Seriously, though, wishing you all the best C. Stay your awesome, strong positive self!

I fight like hell to get both my zinc and copper in range

Yes, @Spiky Bugger I do love attention. And yes I could be an attention whore When it comes to posting pictures but I don't need any attention bad enough to do something that causes pain.... I already gave you guys my disclaimer that I Do NOT HAVE MUNCHAUSEN DISEASE.

I know, Ms Conservative Nails, how it feels. Every time I post, I have some additional internal system malfunctioning. It's embarassing, sometimes.

(Yesterday, I'm pretty sure I passed a very small kidney stone. Fortunately, my uros have their own specialties and share an office a couple days a week. One guy is the Stone Guru. The other two...brothers...take care of IC and UTIs and all that.)

Anyway, be well, dammit.

What does the political leanings of C's nails have to do with anything?

:p

Yes, very bad humor

I know, Ms Conservative Nails, how it feels. Every time I post, I have some additional internal system malfunctioning. It's embarassing, sometimes.

(Yesterday, I'm pretty sure I passed a very small kidney stone. Fortunately, my uros have their own specialties and share an office a couple days a week. One guy is the Stone Guru. The other two...brothers...take care of IC and UTIs and all that.)

Anyway, be well, dammit.

So did the stone guru say you passed one?

So did the stone guru say you passed one?

No stone. Just a rerun of the UTI. CRAP. And with my c diff history, we can't just throw more abx in my direction and hope something sticks...so I get to be in pain until the culture is back and we can start the correct antibiotic. Just imagine how pleasant I am right now.

So, probably THREE procedures. (Two, if I'm very lucky, but when does that happen?)

Step One, stone blasting...aka lithotripsy...with the goal of making a couple of GIANT stones get broken into small enough pieces that we can move to Step Two.

Kinda like this... http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-pho...tration-treatment-kidney-stones-image46835340

THEN, Step Two, we go for a ureteroscopy. They go all the way into the kidney and, if it all goes well, the laser blasts the stones into dust, and that is peed out. The larger pieces, which should now fit through the ureter, are removed with a Bob the Builder basket. This procedure looks like this:

Step Three, if needed, is a repeat of Step One.

@Spiky Bugger unfortunately I'm all too familiar with the getting rid of kidney stones. My mother had them often it was actually that procedure where they basically drowned her knowing her lungs were already compromised

Latest posts

Back