Salutations!

It wouldn't let me edit my post above.
Also I take my multi vits and will add calcium as suggested above :)
thank you guys for all the help. <3

Prescription Vitamin D? If it is packed in oil, don't stock up. Only get enough to last you until surgery, after which you won't be absorbing much of any vitamins packed in oil (we malabsorption oil). After DS you will want what is called DRY vitamin D (and A and K and E, if you take it -- many don't need E).

Yes, thank you. Picking up the D today, it's a single dose therapy? 6 tabs she said:

I am going to prescribe you a high dose vitamin D, because of the need to replete your vitamin D quickly, I've prescribed you the single dose regiment which is 6 tabs in a single dose (I've placed the prescription on file. You can go to the pharmacy to check in and pick it up whenever convenient or you can order it through the mail order pharmacy) , after you complete this high dose therapy, I recommend you take an over-the-counter Vitamin D supplement of 2000 Units daily for maintenance. We will recheck the level in 2-3 months.

I will be following the VitaLady schedule after surgery for at least the first three months, and adjusting from there. :)

2000 daily? Does this mean the "6 tabs in a single dose" is only 12,000 and only ONCE? That's rather low, as you know if you're looking at Vitalady. If you have a narrow window before surgery in which to boost your D, not sure 14,000 a week is anywhere near enough. You may want to think more like 50k a week until surgery and then adjust it per Vitalady post-op.

FYI: I get 3000 daily from Centrum and Citracal. I also take an extra 50,000 3x a week. My weekly total is 171,000 and my D level is a perfect 70.7. But we are all different. You may need more or less post-op.

Yes, thank you. Picking up the D today, it's a single dose therapy? 6 tabs she said:

I will be following the VitaLady schedule after surgery for at least the first three months, and adjusting from there. :)
I started the Dry D3 at 50,000 a day three months before surgery. Managed to get it from 15 to 54.

I would skip the prescription and go to the dry 50,000 a day now until surgery.

I appreciate all the input. Its why i asked :) it was hard figuring things out since so much imfo is for post surgery. I'm getting D to add to my pre op vitamin reg now.
you all rock and I am thankful you took time out to help.

Everything is done and been sent to Dr. Rabkin! Liz said he would be faxed the surgery authorization, while mine would be mailed to me. :) Dr Rabkin's office said this could take hours or possibly days.
I learned so much from this forum. Hearing all the personal stories, getting the facts and being able to educate myself has been so invaluable. Being able to stand my ground and advocate for my health and standing firm in pursuing the DS surgery is something I could not have done without you all.
I am still in disbelief. I was prepared for fighting and for the appeals process, and while it took time and dogged determination, it looks like it is going to happen!!!

My husband and I will be there! Prob a little late coming from Fairfield. But we will be there. :)
Will not make July since I'll be in mexico ;) then I am hoping to be post op by august!!

Dr. Rabkins office now has complete surgery authorization on file from Kaiser. It's really happening!!! Should have a surgery date hopefully tomorrow. I keep pinching myself!

Latest posts

Back