Psychological Evaluation Question

Jen2016

Hi everyone! I just got out of the psych evaluation and the dr told me that I must come back for a 2 hour session to take a Multiple choice test. Then...after that I had to come back once again for a "feedback session". Which would have been manageable, but she can't do the test until late next week and then the feedback session until Sept 8!!!

So I was making great progress with all the doctors etc and now this is going to delay me almost a month!

Is this normal? I'm thinking about finding another psychologist.

Thanks!

I had the feedback session separate as well..lasted maybe 10 mins. And yes, the multiple choice is about 2 hours. I only took 45 mins but I am fast on those.

I had all of those as well but was lucky enough to have it all in one visit. They told me the visit would take 3 hours prior to scheduling.

Thankful I didn't have to do this for either of my surgeries - the band (insurance) or DS (self-pay). Seems to be a very American requirement.

I just had my psychological appointment last Friday. I was lucky to have it all in one day. It took 3 hours, but glad to hear I was lucky enough to have it in one day.

I spent 30 minutes chatting with a psychologist and that was the end of it. He was actually a nice guy and I enjoyed our conversation. He told me best of luck, you will do well. Just give until tomorrow and I will get my evaluation and sign off to Dr Marshall.

I did the chatting thing.

The test is likely the MMPI, http://www.psychologistanywhereanytime.com/mobile/tests_psychological/psychological_tests_mmpi.htm

If you are not already crazy, you will be after that PITA thing.

I now exercise my (self-defined) rights and decline machine-scored tests like that.

Why?

I once went to a shrink to "learn to deal with" my then very recent diagnosis of Interstitial Cystitis...a bladder disease of unknown etiology, it feels like a UTI, except that there is no cure, no reliable treatment, and since one symptom (as in my case) is having to pee every 40 minutes or so...around the clock...there is little REM sleep and lots of exhaustion...and the suicide rate is four times the average. The machine-scored test decided that I was hyper-fixated on health issues that may have been imaginary.

I'm sneaky. I asked the bariatric surgeon which shrink I should visit.

Latest posts

Back