Pre-Op Lab Test Results, Questions?

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
Here are some of my pre-op lab tests results. I only put the ones on here that are out of spec. and were highlighted in the results. My questions for you VETS are: do any of those numbers sound any alarms or tell you anything? It doesn’t mean squat to me because I have little clue and am trying to still learn about all the numbers. My concern was that I would be really deficient in my vits/minerals or even borderline anemic because for many years, I only take in about 6-7000 calories per week. I only started drinking a protein shake and mixing with an “All-in-one” vitamin shake a couple months ago when I started reading on these forums. BUT, I only do that 2-3 days per week. My daily protein from lean meats, cheese, eggs and the shake average about 60g. I am 6’and weigh 350, so I was glad to see that the numbers look reasonably normal, even high on some vits, so NONE of it makes sense to me? Everything looks sort of ok to me? Thxs in advance for your time.

Units Ref Range

Potassium Lvl 3.4 L mEq/L (3.5 – 5.1)
Vitamin A 124 HF mcg/dl (38 – 98)
Vitamin B12 Lvl 1436 H pg/ml (254 – 1320)
Alpha Tocopherol 21.1 HF mg/L (5.7 – 19.9)
WBC 10.7 H K/CMM (3.7 – 10.4)
RBC 4.69 L M/CMM (4.70 – 6.10)
MCH 31.4 H pg (27.0 – 31.0)
RDW 15.5 H % (11.5 – 14.5)
Lymphocytes 16.1 L % (20 – 40)

Last edited:
B12, mine is ALWAYS high as in over 2000. And the ONLY B12 I get is in my daily multis. That one, do NOT stress over...you actually want it at least high normal if not higher than normal. What you do NOT want is a B12 less than 500.

Ferritin?

Add some vitamin D. Get that number up to 100 or higher preop so you have lots of wiggle room later.

OK. thxs...I do not see ferritin on there unless its called something else? I know I always see you guys talking about it and its the active protein binder for iron and stuff, but didn't see it.

Latest posts

Back