Finally got my labs done

DianaCox

Bad Cop
Biggest issue is my D3 crashed to 35 after cutting back from 10 x 50K IU/week to 5, because my liver numbers were way high. My K1 was also low (will increase to 4/week from 2, and also up the K2), and my Vit E was also lowish.

My PTH: 59 - I’m hoping that increasing my D3 will help that.

But my liver numbers were great - only alkaline phosphatase was a little high, but just a little, compared to before. I hope I’m not going to have to choose between my liver and my bones/immune system.
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE12639-117IU/LAbove High NormalFinal01
AST (SGOT)210-40IU/LFinal01
ALT (SGPT)220-32IU/LFinal01

Speaking of immune system, Covid and Vit D3:

And immune system, Covid and BCG (tuberculosis) vaccine status:

For decades I have sort of just believed(no real proof) one of the reasons I seem to never get sick is the amount of D I take. I started taking it well before my DS in my 20's. Of course, maybe the reason I don't get sick is because I THINK it works.

And for those with mugs,and the more serious smoldering myeloma, curcumin helps. This woman has it, and does a decent job of linking to the science

margaret.healthblogs.org/life-with-myeloma/discovery-of-curcumin/

MGUS is a pre cursor to myeloma ( a form of blood cancer) with a conversion rate of 1% a year

An example of the science.. showing that it works for those with advanced MGUS (paraprotein level of >20 g/L)

clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/15/18/5917

Results: Our results show that oral curcumin is able to decrease paraprotein load in a select group (i.e., those having a paraprotein level of >20 g/L) of patients with MGUS. Fifty percent (5 of 10) of these patients had a 12% to 30% reduction in their paraprotein levels, while on curcumin therapy. In addition, 27% of patients on curcumin had a >25% decrease in urinary N-telopeptide of type I collagen.

Conclusion: Due to the possible progression of MGUS to multiple myeloma, the potential role of curcumin as a therapeutic intervention for MGUS patients warrants further investigation. (Clin Cancer Res

Latest posts

Back