Possible ketosis, does the funky taste ever go away?

@AtomicMelanie was just thinking too - I got some listerine breathe sheets - not sure how to describe them - they come in a small square package and you pull out one tiny sheet at a time and put it on your tongue. Freshens things up for a bit.

If you are really curious about if you are in ketosis you could get some test strips. This would tell you if you are and ballpark the level.
I bought some on Amazon a while back when I was chasing the Atkins diet...

My surgeon was the mighty Hess....no pre-op diet. Just liquids 24 hrs before surgery.
Which is why Dr K doesn't do it either. He told me to eat a steak or cheeseburger before my revision. I should find his blog that he posted the other day on this very topic. I think his words were, "in all my years of doing surgery I have never met a liver so hard or so large that I couldn't get around."

Just in case you didn't know. Fat people deserve to suffer to lose weight. This torture is like telling a man with a broken leg he should walk 5 miles a day for a week. Then come in to have it set and cast.

And if you think THIS is ketosis... just wait till after you have surgery! Personally, I LOVE ketosis. It means I am successfully forcing my body to burn stored fat!

I am not a fan of ketosis because I do not believe it is beneficial or necessary for weight loss.

Latest posts

Back