PLEASE PRAY FOR TOOT

You know @SpikyBugger I may have to do that because everyone in my family keeps telling the god grandma/sitter to call cps. Well when I heard that just thinking that I would have the natural right to him since his dad isn't around I just figured they would give the baby to me so I gave her my number and told her if anything ever happens or if he get sick or anything to contact me just assuming that CPS will give the baby to me first choice

Spiky is right Charris. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst. My Wife and I have been raising our granddaughter since she was two and she is twelve now. We are her legal guardian’s.
Grandparents raising their grandchildren really has reached epidemic proportions, especially with this SOME that are in this “entitlement” generation.

Last edited:
Glad you wouldn't take no for an answer and advocated for your precious grandson. He's lucky to have you! I'm happy to hear he's doing well. Sounds like your daughter needs a kick in the ass since she's ignoring this wake up call. I hope you give it to her!

@newanatomy I'm glad it is taken care of for him. He really never cries unless he's hurting, hungry, or poopy. He's not a whining child at all so for him to be screeching at the top of his lungs is heart breaking.

I didn't do anything any granny wouldn't have done. My mom was everyones medical advocate and now that she's gone to glory it's up to me to keep my grandson and any future grandchildren I may have in good health, just like she kept mines.

I can't believe the doctors involved with his care earlier. A baby is projectile vomiting, throwing up blood and they send him home? Insane. I'm so glad the little guy had you to advocate for him!

I am so sorry that Toot suffered so much, but I am so grateful that you were there for him. Your persistence saved his life. I am glad he is doing better now. What a relief. A baby that was vomiting that much and throwing up blood was sent home? I get medical staff is overworked and all that jazz, but this is an egregious level of neglect. I wouldn't be surprised if, subconsciously, anyway his being a black child had something to do with it. Sorry, not trying to stir arguments, but it's hard not to think about the possibility of, even unconscious, prejudice operating in the minds of medical staff that would send a child that ill back home. I am not medically trained but an X ray strikes me as a no brainer. Anyway, glad it's over.

Last edited:
Omg I'm going to forward the link to my daughter. That's scary I think a lot of people don't realize how these can end so horrible.

I know the thing my kids and my nieces and nephews did was put things in their noses. My daughter put a rock in her nose at daycare, my son a jaw breaker, my niece and nephew both put peanut m&m's in their noses. Kids can be something. I wonder if I swallowed anything or put anything in my nose. Lol

I'm the oldest of four, the two youngest of whom are males. I don't remember any one of us having to have anything removed from any orifices. Or maybe the youngest one ate a penny - I'll have to ask Mom and Dad.

But I do remember that when they were 2 and 3, my brothers decided that it was cool to pee into the grate covering the floor heater. In California, it didn't have to be turned out for several months, but when it was ... OMFG.

Latest posts

Back