PLEASE PRAY FOR TOOT

Charris

Now an angel
Please pay for Toot. He's been sick a month. Fever projectile vomiting. Took him to children's er oh nothing is wrong with him. So his mom didn't want me to be right so she wouldn't take him back. He's lost so much weight bones in back now showing. I Took him to phx Children Hospital Saturday. They said he has ear infection. Still projectile Sunday I say take him again. Last night he's throwing up blood oh nothings wrong again. 7 am this morning he's screaming and shouting throwing up blood. So this time I make them do blood work and give iv fluids. Oh blood work perfect except he's dehydrated. So I'm going off no we not leaving here cuz we still don't know why he projectile vomiting. He has a huge umbilical hernia so I'm like maybe he got a hiatal hernia. So to please me they do xray he has a quarter stuck between esphogus and something. So they are taking him to surgery at now

I'm about ready to call CPS on my trifling ass daughter. Anyways another story
So if you pray please pray for Toot and the Dr performing the surgery and everyone that will come in contact with this case. If you rub rocks or whatever it is you believe in please ask them to watch over Toot.The nurse just came in they got an earlier spot in Or so he's headed in in 15min. I'm wreck his trifling mama sleep. Wtf?

I don't know how old Toot is, but I do know that toddlers and little kids will swallow just about anything. Hopefully they can remove the quarter via scope and not have to do actual surgery.
I'm not religious but am sending lots of positive thoughts his and your way.
Also, umbilical and hiatal hernias are not related. Sometimes in babies an umbilical hernia will close without surgery, but if it's large that's less likely, and if it doesn't close at some point he'll need that repaired, but that can wait for another day when he doesn't have a quarter in his gullet.

He'll be 1 Feb 10. Yeah his mom had the same umbilical hernia it closed itself like her they said if it doesn't they will deal with it at age 5.

Just talked to dr. They will just go down his throat. They are concerned because of where it's located and the amount of blood he's throwing up. They said blood could be expected with all the throwing up. They are concerned it may have caused a tear or cut in the esphogus.

But I'm glad God has the last words. When Dr say no God can say yes just like what happened with me

Oh no! I hope it is just to endoscopically remove the quarter from his esophagus - just knock him out, reach down with long tweezers and pull it out.

Worry about dealing with your daughter at a later time. It is almost impossible to be perfect at keeping a baby from finding SOMETHING to put in their mouths or doing the unexpected, no matter how careful the parent is (think of that baby in Idaho who pulled his mother's gun out of her purse in Walmart and killed her). Of course, you know what the baseline level of care is, and you'll have to deal with that for Toot's safety - you will have to assess whether this was an unfortunate practically unavoidable accident, or an accident waiting to happen. But I'm very concerned that your daughter is sleeping and not at the hospital with you - that is a level of detachment and lack of concern on her part that sounds pathological to me.

Hang in there Clarissa - there are bunch of us who have your back on this one too!

I share Diana's concern re: your daughter's attitude, esp in light of her failure to get demand medical attention for a baby that was throwing up blood. Good thing he had you there to advocate for him!
Please let us know when scope is done that the quarter is out and he's ok.

The procedure went well he just woke up back to his vibrant little self.
She was at the hospital sleep.
I know kids get into everything. I'm angry because I continually told her take him to er. I'm really pissed she hasn't learned her lesson. She ignores him for FB so the few minutes today she held him she was on FB letting him chew through his iv line. Undoubtedly that's how he got the coin down. She be on FB and f the world!

Does anyone other than me find it just a little bit compelling or at the very least extremely thought provoking that Charris spent SOO many months learning how to become an expert at medical self-advocation during her own tribulations and challenges, only to absolutely NEED that learned expertise less than a week later after she leaves the hospital to save her own precious grandbaby when NO ONE else would listen???

Toot will be fine baby, you literally saved his life!!!

So glad he's ok. I hope his mom learns something from this but it doesn't sound very likely. Good thing he has you in his life.

So happy that you were there as Toot's guardian angel. Hope he is back to his normal toddler self tomorrow. What a scary ordeal, and what a wonderful grandma!!!!

Latest posts

Back