On my way

When you get up and walk around make sure you take a few minutes to go out back where the parking lot is. There are a few benches and sitting outside for a while made me feel like a real person again.

One thing on your way back, I would suggest to call the airline and get wheelchair assistance to your gate. I did not use it to get on the plane and they just brought me directly to seating near my gate. It was nice to not have to wait in a long TSA line and I went through right away. Also did you know that you can bring liquids through the TSA screening if you tell them they are medically necessary. They just a take an extra "sniffer" scan of them.

So glad that you are doing well. Looking forward to reading about your boring recovery!

It certainly sounds like you are doing very well young lady. I hope it continues to go smoothly and that you have a great recovery. Wishing you a great and healthy new DS wife isn't necessary because I already know that is going to happen for you!

Hmm I wonder what the significance is that no one asked me to do a video testimonial. After bebezed and others did one I assumed I would be asked too. You all are obviously more movie star material than I.

Or maybe it was just that they used latex tape on my latex allergic face and I had bloody stripes across my face.
OMG, BTDT and that hurts! I feel for you.

I found out how allergic I was to tape during my first back surgery. I was on my stomach and in order to keep the seal on the mask over my mouth/nose, the anesthesiologist decided to use regular tape in spite of my file reading "Latex/Tape allergy". Woke up to blisters and rash acoss my face which took over three weeks to heal. My surgeon ripped the anesthesiologist a new one in FRONT of his "trainees". (Was a teaching hospital).

Or maybe it was just that they used latex tape on my latex allergic face and I had bloody stripes across my face.

OMG! I got contact dermatitis from the tape they used on me and I'm still suffering from it! Both hands and on 4 incisions and around my drain incision. Uugh!

Sorry @CarbJunkie73 You are clearly super-sensitive to adhesives so be careful in the future.

Curiously I did not have a reaction around incisions. Heplock in hand had the square clear tape cover (this probably has a name but I don;t know what it is) and I didn;t have a fraction to that either. The bloody stripes -- which I think were when they ripped of well-adhered tape on my super-sensitive face -- turned to stripes of thick brown scabs by the time I got on the airplane.

Sorry @CarbJunkie73 You are clearly super-sensitive to adhesives so be careful in the future.

Curiously I did not have a reaction around incisions. Heplock in hand had the square clear tape cover (this probably has a name but I don;t know what it is) and I didn;t have a fraction to that either. The bloody stripes -- which I think were when they ripped of well-adhered tape on my super-sensitive face -- turned to stripes of thick brown scabs by the time I got on the airplane.
Why did they have tape on your face?

Latest posts

Back