On my way

Susan in Tennessee

We left our house at 3:00 a.m. to make the 1:45 min drive to Nashville airport, to get me there 2 hrs before flight due to Tsa long line reports, but turned out I had a Tsa pre designation on my boarding pass so I breezed through, not having to take anything off or out of my bag! So, I'm here in my seat at the gate waiting. But that's fine with me, better than being rushed. Bonnaroo, a huge annual outdoor 4 day concert that draws people from all over the country (think modern Woodstock) starts tonight in a surrounding county and the country music festival is going on here in Nashville so considering all that I'm happy to be at my gate.

It was an exciting night. We were driving home from church last night, in the churches 14 passenger van we use to transport children in due to starting with 2 and then getting so many we couldn't haul in our van. So we had dropped of the last kids and was about 3 miles from home driving on a road that is heavily wooded on both sides and runs by a river. I saw a deer and alerted hubby, we missed it but the second one dashed out right even with the front of the van so he slammed on brakes (we were already going very slow due to the first one, and fact of winding road you can't go fast anyway, but we plowed into it, with deer crashing into the front grill. We stopped, grill was all broken, but didn't see any dents. We checked for water coming out of radiator but didn't see any and van seemed to drive ok so we made it on home. He will check into it today after he gets home.
Them this morning we were leaving and as we backed out Bill saw a shadow run by and sure enough one of our dogs had sneaked out the gate when we were leaving. So we had to round her up and get back in the yard. She knew momma was leaving I think! I couldn't help but think about the other lady's car breaking down and was it Liz who mentioned a snow storm? Life is always exciting isn't it?

On another note, I finally told my brother in Denver of my plans, and he took it so well and was very supportive and excited for me. Like me, he also used to live in El Paso so the "going to Mexico" part for medical treatment didn't phase him as he went to Juarez for dentures and his wife and son had braces there. (I know, it's not the same at all, but he understood and it didn't freak him out). Time to people watch a while and a bathroom run. I'm carrying on my bag which I don't usually do but I didn't want to chance having it get lost. Coming home I plan to check it so I won't have to lift it into the overheads.

Yay! You should be on the plane and relaxing by now. Next stop, Ernesto at baggage claim.

Arriving early is always wise, especially when one has prepaid for the surgery!

I always assume deer are traveling in herds -- so if one crosses the roadway I always look to the direction he came to see how many others will follow. Once I had to stop the car for 13 to pass -- and this was in suburbia a quarter mile from my house.

We left our house at 3:00 a.m. to make the 1:45 min drive to Nashville airport, to get me there 2 hrs before flight due to Tsa long line reports, but turned out I had a Tsa pre designation on my boarding pass so I breezed through, not having to take anything off or out of my bag! So, I'm here in my seat at the gate waiting. But that's fine with me, better than being rushed. Bonnaroo, a huge annual outdoor 4 day concert that draws people from all over the country (think modern Woodstock) starts tonight in a surrounding county and the country music festival is going on here in Nashville so considering all that I'm happy to be at my gate.

It was an exciting night. We were driving home from church last night, in the churches 14 passenger van we use to transport children in due to starting with 2 and then getting so many we couldn't haul in our van. So we had dropped of the last kids and was about 3 miles from home driving on a road that is heavily wooded on both sides and runs by a river. I saw a deer and alerted hubby, we missed it but the second one dashed out right even with the front of the van so he slammed on brakes (we were already going very slow due to the first one, and fact of winding road you can't go fast anyway, but we plowed into it, with deer crashing into the front grill. We stopped, grill was all broken, but didn't see any dents. We checked for water coming out of radiator but didn't see any and van seemed to drive ok so we made it on home. He will check into it today after he gets home.
Them this morning we were leaving and as we backed out Bill saw a shadow run by and sure enough one of our dogs had sneaked out the gate when we were leaving. So we had to round her up and get back in the yard. She knew momma was leaving I think! I couldn't help but think about the other lady's car breaking down and was it Liz who mentioned a snow storm? Life is always exciting isn't it?

On another note, I finally told my brother in Denver of my plans, and he took it so well and was very supportive and excited for me. Like me, he also used to live in El Paso so the "going to Mexico" part for medical treatment didn't phase him as he went to Juarez for dentures and his wife and son had braces there. (I know, it's not the same at all, but he understood and it didn't freak him out). Time to people watch a while and a bathroom run. I'm carrying on my bag which I don't usually do but I didn't want to chance having it get lost. Coming home I plan to check it so I won't have to lift it into the overheads.
Hello, Im the one with the broken car. A miniscule event compared to your problems. I hope your okay after the deer. Good luck on your impending surgery. Im sure your surgeon is doing a good job 0r would not be advertising for patients. I shall send a positive prayer your way. Im like you I would want to be early so you are not rushed. depending on your time you could have a nice drink to celebrate. Since we are having surgery close to r*each other it would be great to share our journey. Wishing you a quick recovery. Sara

Latest posts

Back