On my way

@DSRIGGS tape on the face was likely to hold in the ET tube during surgery and they put ointment in your eyes and tape them closed. They make holders for ET tubes but probably did not use for the 'short' surgery time.

What she said. They must have put gauze over my eyes and then put tape horizontally over and under my eyes (from nose to hairline) to hold it down. The tape under my eyes did the most damage as the skin is so thin there. Then I think they put a long X shape of tape to hold in ET tube -- it went from top of ear diagonally down to jaw on both sides. Until they scabbed over, the bleeding stripes on my face hurt more than the incisions.

Sorry @CarbJunkie73 You are clearly super-sensitive to adhesives so be careful in the future.

Curiously I did not have a reaction around incisions. Heplock in hand had the square clear tape cover (this probably has a name but I don;t know what it is) and I didn;t have a fraction to that either. The bloody stripes -- which I think were when they ripped of well-adhered tape on my super-sensitive face -- turned to stripes of thick brown scabs by the time I got on the airplane.
Tegaderm/Opsite

Latest posts

Back