Not doing so great

Barbara

In much pain. Unable to move much. Hard to text. Hoping tomorrow is better

Barbara

The fact that you can text at all just three days after surgery is amazing. Be kind to yourself. If you're in pain, complain! Ask for more pain meds.

You need to move to get better, so if the pain is stopping you from moving, get more meds on board. Sip, sip, walk, walk is the advice for the first few days. You will feel better soon.

Good luck with your recovery,
Rachael

OldBroad gave you great advice. Get those pain meds on board. that's what they are there for. You will feel better once you start moving more, and it's important as well to prevent complications, particularly blood clots in your legs that can travel to your lungs. You don't want that! so speak up, get the pain meds and get moving.

But really, I'm just happy to hear from you at all at this early point. It's great that the surgery is behind you now and, and while you may be miserable today, better days are ahead.

Great to hear from you Barbara--that in itself is a victory. I don't know whether you were lap or open, but i was lap and i was definitely taking my pain meds RTC 3 days out.

The fact that you can text at all just three days after surgery is amazing. Be kind to yourself. If you're in pain, complain! Ask for more pain meds.

You need to move to get better, so if the pain is stopping you from moving, get more meds on board. Sip, sip, walk, walk is the advice for the first few days. You will feel better soon
Good luck with your recovery,
Rachael
Thanks old broad. Feeling better tonight. Got overcome but dooLing better.

Glad you are feeling better and it will get better. Get your rest, take pain meds if needed and makes sure you are drinking and moving around (from chair to bathroom, chair to kitchen, laps around the inside of your house...etc.

Glad to hear from you.

Now, OldBroad is right...get pain meds on board AND start walking. It will help so much. It will help get rid of the gas still in your body and make you feel more human. IF still in the hospital, get up and walk up and down the hall 3-5 times a day. If at home, get up and walk up and down a hall or around the dining room or kitchen table 3-5 times a day.

Welcome to the Dark Side...scooting down the bench.

Barbara, sounds like you are doing good if you can post! take those drugs and walk, sip, walk, drugs, sip, walk drugs etc.

Thanks for posting and congratulations on a successful procedure. I echo the above comments to please make the doctors aware of your pain. They should be able to provide the right medicine to make you comfortable. Stay hydrated above all else!

I heard today from Colleen that Barbara is being stepped down to rehab rather than being released to go home. Sounds like it's as much about her lack of support at home and not being ready to be home alone than anything else.

Latest posts

Back