Need new PCP

Jashley

I need a new doctor, preferably one who understands bariatric surgery, obesity, diabetes, something relevant to me. I'm in the Bay Area, CA and I'm willing to travel to see a decent one.

I have been dealing the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Fremont centers) and can't find a doctor who 1) knows anything that pertains to my health issues, or 2) cares. Getting my blood work done amazes me - it's up to me to point out the deficiencies (because the Dr. doesn't review the test results) and they just roll over when it comes to getting infusions or prescription vits to help with the malasorbtion.

I've tried calling Rabkin, but always get told he doesn't accept insurance and it's a 300 dollars up front office fee. And trying to get someone from his office to return a phone call - I waited a week!

Anyone in the Bay Area have a good doctor? I have good health insurance, and it's a PPO so I can see anyone.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Diana uses PAMF and has a doc that she has trained, so to speak, regarding the DS. If you contact her, she may be able to help you.

Thank you very much for that name. It would be wonderful to deal with a doctor who has actually had the surgery!

Latest posts

Back