Long term post rny newbie

Kaybert

Hello everyone. I had an open rny almost 17 years ago. I have been pretty good about supplements and getting labs run; except for protein. No matter what brand I tried, they all made me have gi issues and feel awful. Total protein was always low normal so I figured I was ok.

Long story short, I started feeling bad about 1 year ago. I had sudden weight loss, heart palps, headaches and a thyroid goiter. After seeing numerous docs and getting muliple negative tests and ct scans (huge fear of another sbo) to no avail, I had labs run again. They looked fine to my pcp (again) but a number of things were off (pth, ferritin, wbc, rbc, protein, etc) so I asked a learned post op on another list. She said my labs were AWFUL and put me on the right path.

Anyway, I realized (yet again) that I was responsible for my own health and I best get my shit in one sock so here I am. An old timer starting off like a new post op. This seems like a very knowing and kind group. Thank you for allowing me to be part of it and teaching this old dog new tricks.

Best
Kim

It would be helpful for you to post your lab results especially old to new so we can try to spot trends. Glad you found your way here.

It would be helpful for you to post your lab results especially old to new so we can try to spot trends. Glad you found your way here.
Welcome, @Kaybert
Are you a distal or a poximal RNY? Reason I ask is the Vitalady suggestions are different for them. Vitalady is a distal RNY'er who has helped all of us (regardless of surgery type) by making her recommendations on vitamins for each type of surgery. http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/

With a copy of your labs in hand, you can fix this.

Thank you. I am proximal rny (100 cm bypassed) and lost an additional 12" of small bowel 7 years ago due to reconstruction from sbo. I have complete and in-depth labs in hand from 8/15 and 3/16.

Thank you. I am proximal rny (100 cm bypassed) and lost an additional 12" of small bowel 7 years ago due to reconstruction from sbo. I have complete and in-depth labs in hand from 8/15 and 3/16.
If I can figure out how to,post do you just want problems or everything? I guess just upload screenshots??

Latest posts

Back