1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

List of DS surgeons

Discussion in 'Duodenal Switch' started by DianaCox, Sep 11, 2014.

Denis Korb

Denis Korb Well-Known Member

Do you plan on adding Petrick Diana, do I need to put up all his information again?

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Denis, bring up his info again and post it in this thread.

GirlFriday

GirlFriday Enjoying the journey

Pugcrazy

Pugcrazy Member

Dr Sunil Sharma - Jacksonville, FL

*I was very pleased with his care and am thrilled with my results, he has been fantastic and available for followup questions since my surgery. He also ordered all of VitaLady's recommended lab tests and will provide on-going care for one year after surgery (included in price). He will gladly chat with prospective patients on the phone for consultation. His Office Administrator is Ashley, she can be reached at: ashley@newlifejax.com

New Life Surgical Associates
    • 8825 Perimeter Park Blvd
      Suite 101-103
      Jacksonville, FL 32216
      Appointment: (904) 399 4004 or 1 800 350 9092
      Referral: (904) 399 4004
      Referral Fax: (904) 399 3489

http://www.sharmasurgery.com

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

His DS photo looks like the old BPD...(as in a large pouch). You might want to let him know.

Larra

Larra Well-Known Member

@Pugcrazy did you ever get a copy of your operative report?

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Holy crap - that IS a BPD and not a DS - @Pugcrazy you need to get your op report, because I don't know that I've heard of Sharma being a DS surgeon either.

DSRIGGS

DSRIGGS Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon

Hopefully it is the DS. If you look at the video above the diagram it shows a real DS.

http://www.sharmasurgery.com/duodenal-switch-surgery/

Marquis Mark

Marquis Mark Well-Known Member

Dr. Gary Belzberg. He does all bariatric surgeries (band, sleeve, RNY, DS) as well as most GI surgeries. See list here:

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-gary-belzberg-x6y8t/background-check

There is no direct email for him. Once you're a Kaiser member, you can be put in touch with him. He practices out of : 1050 W. Pacific Coast Hwy, Harbor City, CA 90710. 310-602-7927. You can call that number and explain your purpose.

Here's some stuff on him:

https://thrive.kaiserpermanente.org...uploads/sites/13/2013/11/2011-Top-Doctors.pdf

I researched him carefully and found no evidence of malpractice, lawsuits, etc. Quite the opposite, actually. He seems to be a surgical savant. Everyone that I know of who had him is happy and has lost their weight. It's Kaiser so if you're looking to develop a touchy-feely relationship with your surgeon, go elsewhere. You will also need to be your own advocate afterward. But I'll venture to say he knows the GI system/surgeries better than most DS doctors, despite the fact that he hasn't done that many DSs themselves. I think it's good to have a surgeon who understands the big anatomical picture, has done all the surgeries and can therefore handle any situation thrown at him.

Susan in Tennessee

Susan in Tennessee Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that in an office visit she along with Sharma took apart and reassembled the parts involved in the DS on a mannequin or something and she felt good that it was the real thing, that's IF I haven't gotten my people mixed up.

DSRIGGS

DSRIGGS Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon

I think I remember that as well.

Clematis

Clematis Well-Known Member

She's on an airplane right now but I'm sure she'll check in to say she grilled Sharma like a hotdog and was confident he did the real DS as we all know it.

Susan in Tennessee likes this.
    duh_Mom

duh_Mom Well-Known Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Millie likes this.
    BayouSwitch

BayouSwitch Member

Dr. Clark Warden
    Metairie, Louisiana
    February 2005

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Warden has a poor reputation in the DS world.