Kienbock's Disease

i've just been diagnosed with Kienbock's Disease (avascular necrosis) in my right wrist. Just wondering if anyone else here has it and what their experience has been with it. I have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon on Friday, so just want to try to make sure I ask the right questions. My GP said that surgery is controversial, but everything I've been able to find out about it, suggests that it's the only possible solution. I'm at stage 2 of the disease.
I have it in my left wrist my lunate and a couple other bones deteriated and I have had 7 surgerys to have it fixed..i have total fusion in that wrist I have also had my bones replaced with my hip bone it is not something that render your mobility at all I just have no bend in my wrist my fingers work fine. I also have no more pain in that hand at all..not like when I was first diagnosed

Wow, Gail! Has the KD stopped progressing now, or are you likely to need more surgery in the future? Did each surgery help for awhile? Were the surgeries over a long period of time? My ulnar is quite a bit shorter than it should be, so radial shortening (and possibly revascularisation) seems to be the way to go initially.

Wow, Gail! Has the KD stopped progressing now, or are you likely to need more surgery in the future? Did each surgery help for awhile? Were the surgeries over a long period of time? My ulnar is quite a bit shorter than it should be, so radial shortening (and possibly revascularisation) seems to be the way to go initially.
no don't do the shortning just have them repair the damaged bones..i have no pain and no long term problem..i had to have a steroid shot or 2 just to alleviate some pain but I have had this for over 20 years and I am now48 ..a lot of the surgerys were very minor and 1 I was awake for..i was lucky I found an awesome dr that I had for almost 15 of those years

P.S I have a face book if u would like to no more
not sure its allowed to share so if its not I will delete

Latest posts

Back