Jo777

Hey! I'm still kicking. It's been a rough ride in my personal life. Not been online much- FB or otherwise. Got a job I loved, got booted likely to save money (last on/first gone.) Got another job now I like, but pays for crap. Learning new things though is the payoff..

Our favorite 16yo cat, Little Britches had surgery in Feb to remove a tumor, and went into stage 4 kidney failure and crashed a month later.. so, back to the vets for an intensive IV in-patient treatment, and been going back and forth with her, and an abscess she developed under her chin on top of it all. She's doing much better since we got her dx'd and started subQ fluids at home, but it's been stressful and expensive as hell.

On top of all that, my mother has re-found the joys of home shopping network, necessitating the need to put a cap on her credit cards.. she hates all of us atm, lol.

I am still waiting for life to calm the fuck down, but so far, been weathering the stresses ok. Finally went camping last weekend, first time since November of 2014 (it was a warm spell that Nov.) Normally we camp a lot in better weather, but with my dad getting sick and passing last spring, and the mom-stuff happening, we never got away at all.

Thanks for checking on me! Otherwise, health wise doing fine, and same for the other half.. I have been monitoring my BP, which has been running higher than normal, but that's not unexpected under the circumstances. :) If that doesn't drop back to normal, off to the doc I go.

Good to hear from you Jo - glad to hear things are mostly OKish. And that you got to get away for a bit.

There is a new VSGer - Trish477 - she is robs477's wife, and she could use some VSG support, if you have time to take a look.

Latest posts

Back